Monday, May 19, 2008

On a Roll

First of all, I have to thank my friend, Laura Vegas for her generous gift to me. This was waiting on my doorstep in a delivery box when I got home today. She also included a beautiful card but I forgot to include it in the picture! Thanks so much Laura!! I love all of it! You are so sweet!

This weekend I had a list of pages that I wanted to do so I placed an online order for some photos and picked them up down the street...printer isn't getting my colors right. I have a dozen pages that I want to do so I think it get the work done quickly by getting the pictures printed first. Before I placed my order, I went through some sketches that i wanted to do. I jotted down the resource for the sketch and the colors and/or embellishments that I wanted to use.

This one I did last night...used photoshop and printed the pics on one 8x10, so much easier to scrap that way. Kinda nice to put the pics in one spot, that way you don't have to worry about the pages getting too busy.



Used some leftover Bazzill scalloped CS, stars are from gin-x, journaling stickers are American Crafts...they are actually a slick surface, so I'm glad I have a slick writer for this! The corners are punched with a cornerpunch and some PP was placed underneath. The chipboard title is from KI Memories...these are actually a winter theme but the colors go well PLUS i had all the letters for the title. The picture of this page isn't too nice, I can't take any pics outside cause its been really windy lately and my pages are blowing across the lawn.


This card is a complete lift from Making Memories new baby idea book. I don't know the artist who did it because I can't find the credit in the book. If anyone knows, let me know.


My friend, Rose, had a baby girl on Friday( 9lbs, 4 oz!) and I'm going to send this to her. I made two of them and will keep one for future use...I gotta keep more baby cards on hand! I love this card and fell in love with it when I saw it on the cover of the book. The papers and tag are from Making Memories and the baby stickers are from Pebbles...perfect to fit in the tagged shapes. There are smaller ones that fit in the circle size and this sticker is actually rectangular shaped and was perfect for the medium tag..


This is my first scrap page that I ever made; circa 2003...this was a lift from Shannon Taylor. I purchased my first magazine and wanted to lift everything. My previous hobby was cross-stitching and I had plenty of floss! Love Kendall's giant eyes!!


and another early page. These pics are of Kendall sitting in my old rocking chair that I had when i was a little girl. The pics are taken with b/w film...


Kendall's First Christmas..oh, and there's my poor Chloe...


and my baby shower...love these pics cause the one on the left is of my sister, my neighbor, and myself all pregnant...all with a plate of food on our laps. All of our babies were born within 8 weeks of each other. I used Chatterbox paper on here and back then you could only find it online and it was always sold out. I was so in love with that paper...still have some.



Kendall's first b-day party. We had a bash with 50 guests and rented a room at our park district for it! The center of the LO is her actual invitation that I made. Ozan helped me make them...actually have a picture of him using my MM eyelet setter. i should post that!

a page I did of ozan and Kendall for our 5th wedding anniversary.
Paint chips used here...a really popular technique back then. The white portions are embossed to look like grout...and I used a lot of transperancy back then.
a page of Kendall's firsts...I'm pretty sure this was a lift. A good piece of advise my neighbor gave me was to always mark down dates when the babies have a mile stone. Sometimes things don't happen all of the sudden on a certain date, but just pick one close to it.

That was fun. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

first off ... you're totally welcome for the goodies. i actually clicked on the pic to see it bigger ... didn't remember what i sent you. geez ... what's with the super old paper pads?!?! lol!

love the tball layout! i agree ... sometimes printing out the photos all together is just so nice. to be able to adhere one big piece ... makes it so easy! and i just got a photo order the other day ... and i'm really not happy with them. i hate not having a photo place that does a good job every time.

and love all the layouts from back in the day! i totally remember the layout of shannon taylor that you lifted ... i loved her work. i should show you some of my first layouts (from 1995!!!) ... that would make you seriously laugh! lol!