Monday, May 26, 2008

congrats to Steve and Cherry



Congrats to Steve and Cherry, who just got married yesterday in Orlando...sorry I couldn't be there!! You both look so great! Steve is Ozan's best friend and he is the one who introduced us plus he was our best man 10 years ago at our wedding. Ozan was the best man and just flew back home today. Kendall missed him so much!! he took these pics of the kids before we took him to the airport...with our OLD camera. No way I'd let him take my Rebel on a trip! We don't get pics of the kids together too often, so I really appreciate these!!! 4 days ago it was in the mid fifties, today we have on the air. Funny how the weather is up and down like that!

I had a lot of down time at night when the kids went to bed, but I was too tired to do much scrapping...got some done. Its tiring being a single mom! Did this page last night. Used another sketch from the BHG magazine! Got to use my Maya Road stamps ("hello my name is tag" and "pencil") that I've never used. My pics of my LO's look terrible when I take them inside...I prefer taking them out in the beautiful sun, but it still has been pretty windy outside.

Speaking of which, we had some terrible t-storms come through here in the middle of the night. Woke me up!! There were some terrible tornados in the midwest, luckily nothing here. Usually we are in the basement several times a season in the warmer weather with our tornado alarms going off...usually in the middle of dinner.

Products used on the LO:

cardstock, ink, spiral punch, and markers: Stampin Up (the sky blue 12x12 paper is textured...new this year, love it)

Patterned Paper: Sassafrass Lass and We R Memory Makers

Stamp: Maya Road

Ghost Star: Heidi Swapp

Journaling Tags: Jenni Bowlin

Tag, Staples, Brads, and Die Cut Border: Making Memories

Have a good week!

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

wow carla ... your kids look so adorable in these photos! not that they don't in other photos ... i just really like these. lol!

love the layout! i know exactly what layout sketch you based that on. such a fun book to be inspired by!