Friday, May 30, 2008

Found a great site

Yummy...found a great cooking site. I'm not one who cooks a lot but if I love a recipe, I'll make it often! Here is the site: http://creatingpostitnotes.blogspot.com/
Can't wait to try some of her recipes....
So here is one of my favorite recipes, created by your truely. Its pretty good, I must say

Stuffed Green Peppers
6 Large Green Peppers
Cooked Rice (I use 3 cups white rice and 1.5 cups water)
1 can tomato paste (small size)
1 can chicken broth (soup size-14oz), warmed
chili powder
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (you all gotta get this!)
salt/pepper
.5 lb each ground beef and ground pork
3 small can's chopped, stewed tomatoes, drained
2 med onions or 1 very large, chopped in 1" pieces

Brown pork and beef, chop very finely in pan as you cook using a potato masher. Drain, put meat in large bowl, add cooked rice and onions(raw). Add 2 cans of the stewed tomatoes to rice mixture. Add spices (no measurements, just eye it). Set aside and put in the refridgerator for several hours (this step helps, but not necessary). Cut pepper tops 1" from stem (save), clean out seeds and the veins. Put pepper shells in large casserole dish, fill(stuff!)with rice mixture. Put tops back on. Add last can of drained tomatoes to top of peppers. In small bowl, put can of tomato paste and gradually wisk in the chicken broth until the consistancy of thin pasta sauce. Season to taste. Pour over peppers. Bake in 375 degree oven for 90 minutes. Serve. For a twist add some of your garden tomatoes to the dish. Just scoop our the center, and add the rice mixture. It will add a nice taste to the dish. I love to do this in the summer cause we get so many tomatoes.

Speaking of the greek seasoning, I make greek potatoes with this seasoning! I'll post that sometime soon!

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

i think i've read her blog before. i need some new recipes ... i've missed rachael ray being repeats this week. lol! i've been making the same things over and over lately ... need some new stuff!