Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tornado

So Monday night, our town got hit by a tornado...no one was injured. I didn't see it but I know it went right through or next to our house. There is this path of destruction that started a mile from us and the path continued through our subdivision. We have some minor damage...nothing too bad. It was crazy cause it we had some thunderstorms earlier in the day. It cleared up by the evening and then it was looking quite dark out, but it was almost 8PM so I didn't think anything of it. I was getting Kendall ready for bed upstairs and Ozan was on our first floor. I felt something in our house...couldn't describe it. Like the house was vibrating. I yelled to Ozan, "What was that?" He shouted, "Get in the basement right now". I scooped up Kendall, all 42 lbs of her, and carried her like a football down 2 flights of stairs. As I was running I could feel the windows shaking and I really felt like I was running for my life cause I had no idea what was really going on. It came so fast that there weren't any sirens going off or any tornado warnings or watches! It lasted about a minute, but I really didn't know if it was a tornado or not until I saw the news the next day. It was confirmed and the wind speed measured 106 mph. I've been close to them, like in the next town and I certainly have spent a lot of time in our basement during warnings. But this was a first for me. I'm glad that it wasn't too serious!

So on to another subject, something happy. I just finished this LO for a challenge on two peas. Jennifer McGuire is teaching a class on how to stamp on transperancy. I love the look! I stamped some white Staz On on a Hero Arts clear card, punched them out, and put them in a Making Memories tag rim. I also got a chance to use the Stampin Up scalloped border punch that just came out.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Making Memories, Deja Views, and Me and my Big Ideas
Stamps: Sassafrass Lass
Flowers: Fancy Pants, Queen and Co, Doodlebug
Bird Mirror and Jumbo Jeweled Brad: Heidi Swapp
Stick Pin: Heidi Grace
Punches: EK Success and Stampin Up
Ink: Staz On White
Die Cut Machine: Cuttlebug

4 comments:

laura vegas said...

i'm still amazed that you had a tornado. so glad that you guys are all ok! and love the layout! you did a great job on the challenge!

Linda Beeson said...

Your stamping for that challenge is great! Everything on your layout is adorable!

Heather Ruwe said...

great stamping...I really want that SU scalloped border punch...great LO! :)

Staci said...

Glad everyone was okay! You do such fantastic LOs!