Saturday, August 09, 2008

My Messy, Creative Aydan


Well, this little guy loves to play with chalk, stamps, paints, playdough...anything messy...and will make a big mess by getting it all over his face hands, whatever. Doesn't bother him in the least...the messier, the better. I think I've done a few pages about how messy he gets!
Me, I have to watch him closely so he doesn't get it all over the house. I took these pics this morning while we were hanging outside. He was drawing letters and numbers...yes, he can do that at the age of 2. He's obsessed with them!! Seriously. So I snapped a few pics and couldn't just choose a few, so here's several. Yes, we were wearing jackets...its was cold out until lunch time, then it got really hot, then it poured rain. That's how it is around here!
Right now this little guy, who turns 3 in two weeks, is sleeping in his new big boy bed for the first time...I just want to baby him forever. It was kinda sad taking out the crib, we've been using it for 5.5 years now.
This is a card I did using a lot of leftovers. I have a cute little bin in my scraproom that holds little pieces of paper I can't bear to throw out or stamped images I cut out and didn't use, etc. So most of this card is made with items from that bin. The only thing that isn't is the "happy birthday" wheel stamp. The leaf is a leftover negative image I saved from a Sizzix diecut and just trimmed around...I saved that cause I love the green paper I used! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

laura vegas said...

he's so cute! although, all i keep thinking is that i need to come and clean his hands. lol! i'm so anal about that stuff ... hate anything that gets the kids messy. i'm not such the fun mom. lol! and hope he does good all night in his big boy bed!

love the card ... such great colors! i have a little bowl that i toss little scraps that i can't seem to throw away too. crazy how every once in a while ... i just end up with a leftover piece that i cannot toss. lol!

chloe said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!! THE COLOURS ARE JSUT GORGEOUS!!
YOUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL!