Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Aydan!!


Today is my bubby's third birthday!!! Happy Birthday Aydan!





I love you!


Anyway, we had a sucessful birthday party. It was cute cause we had it at 4:00 (that's usually when he wakes up from his 3 hour nap) and when he woke up, everyone was waiting for him downstairs...kinda like a surprise party. I made a bunch of food and we will be eating leftovers for a few days here...but that's OK. Aydan dragged his balloon centerpiece around the house during the party...so cute! Our town had a fireworks display (always happens on the day of his b-day) around 8:30 and everyone stayed around for that. We could see them clearly from our backyard.


Lightening McQueen got a ride down the slide...not too long after Aydan's opened this present. Its a remote contol car...really cute. Its plastic so we'll see how long it lasts!

And my nephew Nathan. Kendall and her cousin are amazingly connected. They are super close and just love each other to death. They walk around holding hands. Super cute.


And a great display of fireworks seen from our backyard.

and if things weren't crazy enough around here, Kendall had her first soccer game that morning. It was a hot day...almost 90 degrees at 8:30 in the morning. Usually its not that hot around that time. And yes, I'm going to buy her some black shoes. She's the only one there in girly shoes.


I made a little mini book her for a co-worker and good friend of mine. She was saying how she always has to rewrite in her calendar everyone's birthdays, so I made something that she could use to keep track of everyone's birthdays and anniversaries. Each page is stamped with a journaling stamp and there is one page for each month. This measures about 4" square. She is always doing nice things for me so I wanted to give something to her. She is also appreciate of the cards and other things I make so I think she'll really like
it. Its really basic...I didn't want to bulk it up and I also wanted something easy.
I made both of these cards in the car on the way up to Wisconsin last week. They were inspired by a sale flyer from Stampin Up. I just love these colors! And forgive the quality of some of these pics taken indoors...just don't feel like editing them. The one below was for a co-woker who found another job. She was so sweet. I'm gonna miss her!
Well I have a long week ahead of me. My students return from their summer break tomorrow and my new ones start on Tuesday for their orientation...I get to talk all day. Yeah...just kidding. I have 8 new ones starting. I'm going to be busy!!!
Supplies Used
(Mini Book) A lot of this is ol' school stuff!
Album, Chipboard, letter stickers: Making Memories
Patterned Paper: Chatterbox
Silk Ribbon: American Crafts
"Time" sticker and metal plate: Lil Davis
(Hello Card)
CS: Bazzill (blues) and Stampin Up (wild wasabi)
Stamps: Hero Arts (bird and hello) and Stampin Up (be happy)
Chalk Ink: Tsukineko
Silk Ribbon: American Crafts
Paper Piercer Template: Stampin Up
(Tree Card)
CS: Bazzill (blues) and Stampin Up (wild wasabi)
Stamps: Hero Arts (tree) and Sta
mpin Up (best wishes)
Chalk Ink: Tsukineko
Ribbon: American Crafts
Punch and
Paper Piercer Template: Stampin Up

2 comments:

Staci said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Happy belated birthday to Aydan! He's a cutie pie!

laura vegas said...

happy birthday to the little dude! and yes, i usually go with plain black soccer cleats. one year, we got alyssa these white and red cleats ... since her team was red. she hated it because she was the only one that didn't have black. loL! love the little birthday reminder album ... you did that super quick, didn't you! lol!