
Used the Slice to make the letters and then I inked them with my Hero Arts woodgrain stamp. The ribbon was knotted for interest and the tags were made with an ol' fashioned Sizzix die. The vellum was put through the Cuttlebug and the large butterfly was heat embossed on vellum with Halographic Powder and then cut out. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out...thinking about changing the tag string to a different color. ETA: I'm gonna change that string to a natural jute color...the black just doesn't work.
ETA 2(LOL): Just a few minutes ago, I cut off the black string and used some tulle instead...looks 100% better. Agree? Just took this quick pic above...its dark down here in the basement at 10:00 PM! Pic isn't great but you get the idea...
Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers, Ribbon: Making Memories
Vellum & Gems: Michaels
Die Cuts: Slice and Sizzix
Punch: Martha Stewart & EK Success
Stamps: Hero Arts
Embossing Plate: Cuttlebug
Ink: Stampin Up and Versamark
Embossing Powder & Stickles: Ranger
Took some quick pics of my 365 album...sorry some of these have glare on the pics. I'm not gonna mess around with editing these...you get the idea.
You may notice that some of my pics are sideways...like 3 of them. For some reason I didn't even realize this until I was putting them in the album. I'll have to reprint those and I'm going to retake the pic of my students. Its so underexposed...doesn't look right. I feel like I'm constantly making excuses in this post, right?
Really enjoying using one b/w photo every week to add a little something different. The kit also comes with 50 or so trifold cards...gonna use those for extra pics and to add journaling of the funny things my kids say, which is ALL the time.
One thing I'm also doing is keeping a small box with necessary supplies to work on this in my family room next to the album...that way I can easily work on the journaling daily and keep up with the album. Have a great week everyone.
6 comments:
Super cute layout! But I'm with you... the tag strings would look really sweet in a softer color :)
What a CUTE LO!! Love those colors & how you knotted the ribbon! And the butterfly is awesome!
loving the new blog look!!! and so fun to see your project 365 pages all put together! you've made quite the progress since getting it!
that LO.. is so beautiful! I love that photo of her!
Awesome LO! I love the ribbon that intersects it! Beautifully done!
that page is gorgeous and your album is just....AMAZING!!!
and so is your blog couture! :)
you are fab!
Post a Comment