Sunday, March 08, 2009

A card and a quickie LO





So I made this card a few days ago...had everything on except the flower and sentiment...for the life of me could not figure out what I wanted on the front. Today it dawned on me to use a stamped, cut-out flower, so I pulled out the first stamp set I ever purchased from Stampin Up. I stamped it on Basic Grey paper with versamark and used vanilla embossing powder. Did you know that American Crafts makes that now? I loved how it turned out. This is for my mother-in-laws b-day this month. The leaves were also made withe the same stamping set. Funny because I meant to use clear embossing powder and accidentally poured on some halographic powder...sometimes the best things are done accidentally. Right?

The base of the card was made with 2 Big Notz Stampin Up Die cuts...they were stapled together at one end and then folded over.



Then I had some extra time to do some more work so I went through my to-do folders of layouts that have been started but not finished. I came up with these pics I printed from Aydan's first Christmas (2005)...he was only 4 months old here! I decided that in order to get caught up with old projects, I must do something simple and maybe a lift it as well. I lifted this "sketch" from Elizabeth Kirchtener in the March issue of CK. And you can laugh at this, its me making fun of our terrible pics and the lessons I learned from it. I started with the "Christmas Picture" title in AC vinyl letters and then added some MM chipboard for the rest...didn't mean for this LO to have such a large title. It looks like a Dr Suess book! LOL!

And this scan isn't too bad. I have been so frustrated with my scanner cutting off the borders of my pages lately. This time I decided to scan it in quadrants instead of halves and it worked. I used PS 6.0 for this and did a photo merge. I'd rather take a pics of my LOs but it poured all weekend!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!

Supplies Used:

Card

Cardstock: Hobby Lobby (kraft) and Stampin Up

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey and Stampin Up

Die Cut, Stamps, Ink: Stampin Up

Ribbon: American Crafts

Stickles and Halographic Powder: Ranger



Layout

Cardstock: Hobby Lobby (kraft) and Bazzill (white)

Patterned Paper: Deja Views for Archivers and Making Memories

Vinyl Letters: American Crafts

Chipboard Letters, Journal Tag, Date Stamp: making Memories

Border Sticker and Christmas Sticker: Scenic Route

Glitter Chipboard: K & Co.

Punch and Gems


3 comments:

Sara said...

AWESOME card!! I've got to remember to emboss like that more. The LO reminds me of how many outtakes of Christmas card pics most of us take--might need to lift this!

Lisa said...

Love both the layout and the card! Especially love the detail work on the card! I have the same the Big Notz die cut but have yet to use it yet. Happy Wednesday!

laura vegas said...

love these carla! and i cannot even tell that you scanned in that layout ... it looks perfect. and i love your notes on the christmas photos ... the jersey and the tv comment are too funny!