
So my friend Laura posted a challenge on her blog here. The challenge was to use the following items:
1. Colors Green and Teal
2. String
3. Embossing
4. Paint
I took these pics of Aydan on his tricycle last week. He is super, duper fast on that thing. At first, when we brought it out this season, I was chasing him up and down the sidewalk worrying that he was going to go into the street. I identified his boundries and he listens to them. Of course, I'm out there with him, but I don't have to run to and fro. Whew!
This was a fun challenge, I knew that I was going to use teal, red, and white with this LO...added the chipboard letters for the green part.
I embossed a metal sheet and used a Stampin Up rolling stamp with paint under the title. I wanted to add the metal sheet and the screw brad to add some toughness to the page but Aydan is really made of sugar and spice so that's the reason I added the scalloped felt...to me, it fits his personality. He's all boy playing but then he'll let his sister dress him up or he'll wear my pink shoes. LOL!!
The rub ons were on one of those rolling tape dispenser and when I got to the top portion, I made it crooked...and I was almost done with the page...so I just added a few more extra lines to make it look "roughed up"...kinda like tire marks. Then added the checkered gafer tape to resemble a racing flag.
So go check out Laura's challenge and check out the other projects that the other 2 designers did...
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper & Chipboard Letters: Scenic Route
Felt Border: Fancy Pants
Metal Sheet and Brad: Making Memories
Rolling Stamp, "love you" stamp, and Cardstock: Stampin Up
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Gafer Tape: 7 Gypsies
Label Stickers: Jenni Bowlin
Blue Photo Tag: Heidi Grace
Marker: American Crafts
2 comments:
really love your take on the challenge! i thought that the grid paper was scalloped on the edges .. but so neat that it's the felt part along the edges! and the embossed metal looks great ... love how you toughened up the page some! great job!
You're right on the ball aren't you?? I still need to work on this challenge. That metal is such a cool idea! When I saw this it instantly said "boy page"--love the little touches!
Post a Comment