
So, I have been working on our vacation album to California since this past fall. You can see it HERE. So much to do for it...picking out pictures, making collages, making layouts...a LOT of time being put into this. I am so very close to finishing it up totally. This weekend I decided to get the title page and journaling page done. I thought I would be done after that but there is a layout in the album that has nothing behind it...kinda like a patient gown that's opened in the back...needs to be covered. Anyhow I had the little index pictures left over and I thought they would be perfect to cut into strips and glue to the title page. Well the problem is that some of them are horizontal and some are vertical so I cut them all out individually (took forever). Then I traced a circle on my white background paper and glued the pics inside, then ran them through my cuttlebug with a quickutz die (while crossing my fingers). I cut the circles up just so I could spread them throughout the page. I really didn't plan the whole thing, I just started and it resulted in this. And the "p" in "trip"...an "o" and an "l" put together...then I needed an "o" so I used a zero. I had purchased 2 packages of these American Crafts letters and I wasn't going to go out and buy a third. And I used up every piece of paper and scrap I bought for this project!!!
There is also a second page but its literally almost all journaling with two pictures on it and a bit of patterned paper on the sides. Nothing too crazy. Thanks for looking.
3 comments:
What a GREAT idea using the index pics for a cover pg!! Awesome Carla!
Great way to get a lot of photos on a page! Woohoo!
this layout looks great! love the idea of all the little index prints within the circles! bet that felt good to use so many pics on one page!
Post a Comment