Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 9: Project 365

Week 9 already? I can't believe its March already and I'm so glad because winter is nearly 6 months long around here and I'm getting cabin fever...well kind of, love being home. But spring is around the corner...finally. Ready to see leaves and flowers again...even my grass. Even though we had a very harsh winter with single digit temps and a ton of snow, February was very mild and usually that can be the worst month. We even had a ton of rain and a pretty bad thunderstorm that scared us a bit. Anyway we had a few things going on this past week, which makes the 365 a little bit more fun. And seriously, I need to include the hubby in these pics more! Bad me!
On with the 365...
Sun, Feb 22: We went to a party Sunday at one of Ozan's co-workers place for an afternoon of good food and conversation. His wife waits on us hand and foot and his teenager daughter plays with our kiddies. What more could I ask for? This is my friend Wendy...we became friends a few years back. Her husband works at the same college my husband does...then come to find out that she works at the same hospital that I do. But we never run into each other at work...just meet for lunch here and there. There are 5,000 employees at our hospital and she works in a different building. She's so super sweet and funny! I almost didn't post this pic because I look terrible! Oh well.
Mon, Feb 23: OK, I lied really taken Sunday on the way to the party but who cares, right? Anyway Ozan thinks it funny and strange that I can read magazines, newspapers, and play games on my i-pod while riding in a car. He doesn't understand how I don't get sick. Last summer I made cards all the way up to Wisconsin...and I like driving but if I'm a passenger I can do some fun stuff! Gotta take advantage of free time! Oh, and I'm totally addicted to my Klondike game, which is solitare.
Tues, Feb 24: OK, lied again...the next three pics were taken Thursday. Kendall had a celebration at school and I wanted to include a few pics from that. These are her friends Morgan and June. Yes, Kendall is short but June is super tall. She looks like a 9 year old even though she just turned 6. Kendall has known them since pre-school.
Wed, Feb 25: My kiddies leaving school. Aren't they cute? We had a really bad thunderstorm and it POURED! I didn't have an umbrella so I made sure we ran out quickly when it stopped for a bit. And see how they're running out the door. I was yelling at them...we were heading out to the parking lot, they're ahead of me, and I'm trying to put my camera back in my bag so it wouldn't get wet!
Thurs, Feb 26: Kendall's kindergarten classroom. I love her room...looks like a typical old fashioned class...lots of wooden furniture, little chairs, every wall covered with something, tiny little bathrooms. Love it! Today was 100 day...the kids celebrate the 100th day of school and they have all kinds of activities to celebrate the number 100. She's sitting in the front with the pink and red dress on. And she has two teachers (the 2 ladies on the right) and the teacher on the left was her kindergarten teacher from the fall. They decided to switch teacher at the holiday break.
Fri, Feb 27: Aydan came home from school and was struggling to get this Rachael Ray cookbook down from my bookshelf. He likes this book because of the numbers...remember he's addicted to numbers. He cracks me up!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Seriously--it's been 9 weeks?? I think you look great in that 1st pic! I'm jealous of your ability to read while in the car. I get so queasy & regret it every time I try. Cute pics of the kids at school! Your son has the best eyes!!

laura vegas said...

great pics this week carla! and i think you look great in that first photo! i cannot read in the car ... it always makes me so sick. probably the reason i always drive. lol! and love the picture of aydan reading rachael ray ... that's a good cookbook. lol!