For the diecut, I inked it with the same white craft ink and then added white embossing powder. The ribbon is silky and I had a really hard time tying it nicely. That was driving me crazy.
I was cleaning out my scraproom last weekend and found this picture of Aydan that was waiting to be scrapped. Its from Dec 06, so its been in my to-do pile for a while. I did the same type of picture for Kendall in this entry. Actually I was planning on doing the same type of LO on Aydan's but then I saw Laura's LO here and it was a great LO to lift. So it started as a lift, but I measured the paper wrong on the bottom so I couldn't make the circles. I had these Lil Davis stars for a couple of weeks sitting on my desk just begging to be used. So I guess I'll call this "inspired by Laura". I had purchased this blue and white Doodlebug paper just 1 hour before I made this. The blue had a raised chenille finish and the red has a glittery raised finish. Used the die cute for project too...just cut it in half to fit the page. The glittery letters are American Crafts...they were a pain! When I went to peel them off the sheet the back of the chipbooard was shredding and they weren't sticking well at all. I had to put some of them through a xyron. When I was attaching the stars, I got stuck on how to adhere them. The edges are too narrow to use glue dots and I'm not a fan of liquid glue cause it warps the LO...so I decided to use some brads stuck in the middle.
Ozan painted my room last weekend...well half of it. Here is a sneak peek. I purchased some Ikea drawers, organizers, and finally my Expedit. We are in the middle of putting everything up. Can't wait for it all to be finished. The blue walls seem to be lighter in the picture than in real life...its actually pretty bold...its a turquoise color. This picture doesn't do it justice.
See this ladybug? This thing is attached to my front door. These suckers come out in the fall and they stick to your house, windows, and they bite. Aydan and I have these welts on our faces, legs, and hands. At first I couldn't figure it out but then I remembered these guys from last year. When they bite, you don't even notice it or even see them on you. But after a week these welts start to itch and swell. AND if that wasn't bad enough, they get in your house and stay all winter. You could be sitting down watching TV and then you see these guys flying around. Just weird seeing bugs flying in the house during the winter months. Go away!
Last weekend I was looking for something and came across these...my first stamps ever. My sister purchased these for me in the early 90's. I kept them at work to use for my students tests...I work in the radiology field so I really love these...love bones! LOL! Sounds weird I know. They were covered in black ink and i was able to clean them off.

And Kendall...Daddy went on her first Kindergarten field trip with her to a local apple farm. Of course I made him take the camera. He got a beautiful picture here. Funny because her teacher emailed the parents pics from the trip and there is this picture of Ozan sitting with all the little kids eating cheese sandwiches at a picnic table. So cute.
And Kendall...Daddy went on her first Kindergarten field trip with her to a local apple farm. Of course I made him take the camera. He got a beautiful picture here. Funny because her teacher emailed the parents pics from the trip and there is this picture of Ozan sitting with all the little kids eating cheese sandwiches at a picnic table. So cute.
Had to share these. I put up this chalkboard in the kitchen for the kids this summer to count down the days to our vacations. I started writing down what the day of the week was. The kids keep me on my toes by reminding me when i haven't changed it. On this day Kendall wanted to write it. She now can spell and recite the spelling of all the days of the week. She wrote the first "Monday" and then Aydan wanted to write it too. He is so good with his letters.

Supplies Used:
"Spring Card"
Cardstock, Border Punch, Stamp, White Craft Ink, Die Cut: Stampin Up
Ribbon, Letter Stickers, and Metal Sheet: Making Memories
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Solvent Ink (White): Staz On Tsukineko
Sheer Butterfly: Heidi Swapp
Metal Gems: Mark Richards
Gems: Hero Arts
Embossing Plate: Cuttlebug
Foam Tape: Scotch"Blue Eyes"
Patterned Paper, Die Cut: Stampin UpEmbossed Paper, Scalloped Edges, Trim: DoodlebugGlitter Letters: American CraftsTransperancy Stars: Lil Davis
2 comments:
Beautiful card! The colors are very pretty. Your LO came out FANTASTIC--those stars with the brads are perfect! It's easy to be inspired by Laura.
Can't wait to see the rest of your scraproom, the color looks pretty!
i love that card with the butterfly
Post a Comment