The leftovers of Kendall being creative and crafty. Tracing her feet and coloring them in. I love it. Markers and socks left there...rements of her little project. Makes my heart go pitter patter. Earlier that day I saw some pen marks on the bottom of her feet...was wondering how she got them.
She carries my markers and blank paper everywhere and just draws all the time. Her kindergarten class even made a special craft area/table because of Kendall's passion.
Both of Ozan's parents are really good at drawing and painting...my sister is a graphic artist...lots of artists in the family. Maybe we have an artist in training here.
And this LO is really special to me. I was organizing my photos from last year putting them into folders by month. I came across this picture of my lab Chloe and noticed the date: July 1st, 2007. She died 6 days later. This was the last picture taken of her...she's even wearing her harness here. We only put that on her when we had visitors cause she would jump all over them. Then she died of metastatic cancer soon after. She must of been in pain but she never showed it.
Even though the LO has a sad subject, I wanted to make it somewhat happy...not too dark nor too bright. I went through some papers and just pulled out some 'in-between" colors. The chipboard trees were stained with Stampin Up Old Olive ink. I tried to use some shading too by inking the edges and using less ink in the centers. The branches were painted and then when they dried I used a Signo White Gel Pen to make the dots. The quote on the bottom right is from Hero Arts and states, "One of the Best Things in Life is a Good Friend". I miss her so much.
And one more great thing happened to me yesterday. I found out that one of my cards was accepted for publication for a magazine. I literally screamed...this is my first pub and I can't tell you how excited I am. The magazine should be out in January-ish. Woo hoo!!!!
Supplies Used for "Chloe"
PP: Creative Imaginations/My Minds Eye/Stampin Up
CS and Stampin Ink: Stampin Up
Black Solvent Ink: Staz On
Stamps: Hero Arts
Chipboard Trees: Maya Road
Chipboard Photo Corner: Rusty Pickle
Letter Stickers: American Crafts
Journaling Sticker: 7 gypsies
Stickles: Ranger
White Pen: Uniball Signo
3 comments:
Love the little feeties!
Sorry about your dog. The LO is a a great memory to treasure.
CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st pub!!
the feet drawing is so cute! that would be exactly how sarah would leave her stuff too ... just all over the floor. lol! and love the layout ... those trees are so cool. great way to remember your pup!
and congrats again on your publication ... can't wait to see it!
Congrats on your first pub! Let us know when it comes out!
Post a Comment