Sunday, October 26, 2008

...so busy this weekend! Just a quick post here. This picture of kendall was taken at her kindergarten open house last week. She is here with her best friend at school, Anthony (I didn't want to put his face on my blog without permission). They are super close and have been going to school for 2 years now. So super cute together. This picture was taken indoors at night so I was pretty surprised how nice it came out.


Found her favorite toy sitting like this at her cubbie when I walked in...had to take of pic. So cute!
Made this card for a wedding yesterday. I had this super old pre-made card base (from Making Memories). Just slid out the cardstock and put it through the Cuttlebug embossing plate. Used some floss to make handstitching. I messed up the embossing several times and had to cut some cardstock from Stampin Up to replace the ivory cardstock.

The kraft cardstock heart was made with one of those tiny Cuttlebug embossing folders. I have so many that I haven't used but when I saw the heart ones in the store recently, I knew I would use them. The 2 larger patterned hearts were made by tracing around a chipboard one.
I was quite surprised when we got to the table at the wedding reception and saw our little favor...the ribbon is almost exactly the same. This favor is absolutely adorable. I wish I had taken a picture of the center pieces. They had real white pumpkins with the tops cut off and mums planted inside. Autumn weddings are gorgeous!

And made this card tonight for my SIL who comes over often to babysit. She is awesome. This card was inspired by a notebook. I stamped out the letters with white SU ink and then used a punch to make the circles.



Supplies Used
"4 Ever" Card:
Pre-Made Card, Patterned Paper, letter stickers: Making Memories
Cardstock: Stampin Up (very vanilla) & Hobby Lobby (kraft)
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug (background and heart)
Ribbon: Stampin Up
Floss
"Thanks" Card:
Cardstock, Ink, Ribbon, Kiwi Kiss Designer Paper (green): Stampin Up
Letter Stamps: The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
White Patterned Paper (grid): Scenic Route








2 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

the wedding card is gorgeous!! i like it very very much!

laura vegas said...

love the cards! i have a ton of those old MM cards too. and i would have loved to see a photo of the centerpieces ... white pumpkins sound so cool!