Well, we've had some pretty good warm weather...it barely seems like autumn around here. But I'm not complaining! The trees that I see when I'm driving or those on our street have changed colors and they are full of leaves...so pretty.
So I had this great idea of taking the kids this morning for a nature walk to our local forest preserve down the street and capture them in the glory of all the leaves changing...well it didn't work. Except for the entrance (where you see Ozan entering with the kids) the leaves are still green...probably due to the warm weather. It was 86 degrees today, so unusual for mid-October in Chicago. In my great idea I was going to get some awesome pics of the kids running down the trail with the leaves all pretty around to scrapbook later. My plans rarely work out.
Notice my two very tactile kids...alway have to have something in their hands. Aydan with his 4 Cars...did a LO a few months back about his 3 Cars that he totes everywhere. Now we've added a 4th one. LOL!
And took a little break to make a card...I go through these card moods sometimes over scrapbooking and right now I'm crazy about making them. I can't stop using my Top Notz Die Cut...its just so darn cute. Used the leftover negative space from the LO I did the other day. I only purchased one sheet of that paper and I've gotten so much out of it so far. For this card I folded some vellum into a fan, taped it down and heat embossed it. i got this fun embossing powder the other day...made by Gel A Tins. It is actually candy cane scented which is so weird for this card's theme but I loved the color! I just put the embossed vellum behind the die cut negative. And that Heidi Swapp butterfly...love it! There were 3 of them in this 12x12 sheet and I've used them all already! Used my new SU Kindred Spirits set and Kiwi Kiss designer PP. And I love the Pacific Point cardstock and ribbon. I'm a sucker for SU blues...gotta have them all!
This card was inspired by Asian style shades.
Oh, did you notice the new header? I made this tonight with scrapbook supplies hoping for a change. i gotta rescan that and fix it in photoshop sometime soon. I used Elizabeth Kartchner's article in the Creating Keepsake magazine for a guideline on what size to make it and how to size it in photoshop.
Supplies Used:
Kindred Spirits Card
Cardstock, Ink, Ribbon, Stamp, Die Cut, Kiwi Kiss Patterned Paper: Stampin Up
Embossing Powder: Gel A Tins
PP: Doodlebug
Blog Header
PP: Doodlebug
Chipboard: DCWV
Stamp and Ink: Stampin UP
Fabric Tape and Stickers: Making Memories
Butterfly: Heidi Swapp
Prisma Glitter: Hero Arts
2 comments:
We've had some summer weather here in NJ too. Fall is a tricky time of year to plan. The card is beautiful! Such pretty colors.
Your header came out GREAT! I saw the article in CK for blog headers & was hoping to find an easier way to make one. Thanks for the reminder!
how did you get my good weather?!?! lol! we've been chilly here ... which is unusual for mid-october! we don't get many falling leaves around here since the trees are still pretty young. but once i saved a whole bin of leaves off the ground because the lawn guys were coming ... and then after they mowed the lawn ... i dumped all the leaves back out to enjoy some more. lol!
love the card! the folded vellum is so fun looking. and great header ... those take me forever to do any time i want to change mine!
Post a Comment