Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some layouts to share

So I completed 4, yes 4, layouts this weekend. It poured and poured and poured for 3 days straight. So I literally didn't leave the house the entire weekend. I had a bunch of pics printed so I was trying to catch up on my scrapbook to do list. My printer hasn't been printing right for the past 6 months, so I can't wait to get a new one!

This first one came out the best I think...actually I was stuck on how I was going to arrange all those pics so I turned to pagemaps. They had a sketch for this month's issue that was just perfect for this LO. The American Crafts foam letters really aren't a favorite of mine, but really worked out perfectly for this LO. The roundness of the letters, love it for the title.
Then I got stuck on which papers to use. Their uniforms are black, gray, and a bit of red. I didn't want to use those colors nor could I use a busy patterned paper with those busy pics. So I looked through my Scenic Route stash...they always have fun and bright paper, so SR it was! I took the Bazzill scalloped trim and used a star punch on everyother scallop and put a piece of the red paper under it. Then on the other scallops, I put a single dry embossed circle. Before I did the embossing I used a disappearing ink pen by American Crafts to mark the center. I've been using this tool a lot! Its a pen but its a tool to me!
Added some Making Memories star trim next to it for some added definition.

This next one is a lift of the amazing Jennifer McGuire. It is almost an exact lift-lifted it cause when I saw her LO, it reminded me of these pics that I wanted to scrap ages ago but forgot about. This is Aydan at 11 months old and he was pushing his face against the patio door and I was outside taking his pics of course. I posted some of these pics on my blog here but the quality of the pics were pretty bad, actually underexposed. I used Jessica Sprague's technique of fixing underexposed images and I think that they came out OK. Not perfect pics, but they came out much better. In Jennifer's LO, she cut paper strips, glued them and cut circles out of them. I decided to skip that step and use multipatterned paper. Just got the new Making Memories Hullabaloo line and it had some fun prints in it. She also used some metallic brads. I was looking through my stash and found these cute shaped ones from Making Memories. They are star shaped and arrow shaped...thought they would work cute on this LO. The only thing that is really bother me about this is that its lacking some powerful color...its kinda dull.
Now I've saved the worst for last. I do not like what I did with this LO hardly at all. This is from Aydan's first birthday party and this 2 pages LO was sitting in my to do folder for almost 2 years...shame, shame. But its done. I had the first page half done and it had the lime green paper, his monogram, and the word fetti stickers but I had these chipboard letters that I put puffy paint on and they looked so bad, I tore the paper off and replaced it with the Hullabaloo paper. I'm just happy to have it done! Oh, and if you look closely on his large pic, you'll see the date. Those are super tiny Doodlebug rub ons...had to use my tweezers for those!
Supplies Used:
Soccer Page
Cardstock & Embossing Plate: Stampin Up
Patterned Cardstock: Creative Imaginations for Bazzill
Scalloped Trim: Bazzill Edges
Patterned Paper & Die Cuts: Scenic Route
Foam Letters: American Crafts
Star Trim: Making Memories
Mini Letter Stickers: EK Success
Goof
Cardstock and White Pen: Stampin Up
Patterned Paper and Brads: Making Memories
Die Cut Plates: Quickutz and Sizzix
Distressing Ink: Ranger
One
Cardstock: Bazzill Bling
Black Patterned Paper: 7 Gypsies (my favorite PP of all times!)
Scalloped Paper: Creative Imaginations
Circle Patterned Paper, word fetti stickers, chipboard letters, diecuts: Making Memories
Journaling Sticker: American Crafts
Scalloped Circle Chipboard: Technique Tuesday
Circle Chipboard: Junkitz
Rub Ons: Doodlebug

2 comments:

laura vegas said...

so many new layouts! love the soccer one ... so cute and love the colors! i have a hard time scrapping the grey/black uniforms ... which we have had 4 times in 6 years! lol! always seems to need another fun color in there! love the second layout with all the circles ... i remember that layout of jennifer's that you're talking about. and how cute are the photos on the birthday page! i think they ended up looking great ... love the monogram in the scalloped circle!

Sara said...

Lovin' all your LO's!