
You can see Ozan and the neighborhood guys back there shoveling parking spots out. Even though there are plows, they can't even get to you until later. The guys would shovel out one spot, move a car there then shovel another one out, etc. So during this a guy drives in the complex and sees them shoveling out the spot and took it...bad idea. If you were in downtown Chicago, people might hurt your car if you take their shoveled spot. Our "men" were mad so they just shoveled a bunch of snow on this guys car...he won't do that again...LOL.
But what I really love about this picture is seeing how happy Chloe was running through the snow. She LOVED the snow and she is only 2 years old here, so she is full of energy. She always came back inside the house with her face full of snow from digging her face in it. You can really see how deep the snow is, up to my knees-and it was still snowing all day after that. And my bulky LL Bean coat, yeah made me look fat but it kept me warm. Got rid of it this year so now I'm thinking how I need to get another one before winter comes our way :(
And something creepy about this pic...our neighbor that lived on the third floor, the older man who lived by himself took this picture of me from inside the building and I didn't see him take it. But he did give me copies and he always would call my pup up to his apartment for some treats so it wasn't too creepy...although we would hear electric saws up there and make jokes that he was cutting up bodies. I guess you get a little weird living in an apartment. Your imagination goes a bit crazy and we have fun joking around about things like that...
And to change the subject...my Kendall, such an artist lately. She literally has a piece of paper and her markers (no, actually she steals mine) with her all the time. She'll draw a crown or a butterfly and cut it out very carefully then she colors every square inch until its filled up. I love how the sun is coming from behind her in this picture. It was taken around 6:00 PM, so its perfect for some sunset pics. And those are my brand new Bic permanent markers, a huge package...I couldn't just say no. I really like to share with her.
And today I went to the grocery store after work and saw some yummy green taffy apples. My favorite autumn product! Kendall has been asking me for months now to make these with her. I don't know why I gave it to her AFTER bath...doesn't make sense since they're so sticky!
And this is a card I made this weekend. I think it took at least 2 hours to make...literally lifted it right off one of Kendall's shirts. The shirt is just so cute. I hand cut the tree and put it in my Cuttlebug (argyle plate), added clear embossing powder, shaded in some of the lines with my white signo pen and then added some Tim Holtz distressing ink to darken up the white a bit. The book paper is Jenni Bowlin, which I aged with the distressing ink as well (Old Paper color). I stitched the leaves and around the tree by hand. The curved diecut was cut out from a template and also ran through the "bug". The owl stamp is by Hero Arts and I used some Prismacolored Pencils and took some odorless mineral spirits to it. I had so much fun...lots of fun scrapbooking techniques here! Oh and the letter stamps were from the $1 section at Jo-Anns. What a steal!
1 comment:
how fun to find photos from so long ago! i can't get over all that snow ... i would never survive even a day in that. lol! and so cute that kendall is so into drawing and coloring ... she has some of mom's creative genes! and i love that card. it has tons of fun techniques going on. makes me realize how much of a "lazy-scrapper" i am. lol!
Post a Comment