Monday, September 22, 2008

More stuff

I'm feeling a little slugish lately in life and feeling a little uninspired to scrap lately. Guess I go through that one in a while...then I'll usually make a bunch of cards and I feel better. Anyway, I started this LO last week, finished 3/4 way through, and then it just sat there. But I kept it on my desk, right in the middle, so it would force me to finish it. I like it, but there are a few things I would go back and change if I could. My handwriting is going up to the right, I'd put the center paper off the the side, and the thin blue trim would be closer to the center. But its OK. I love this pic of Kendall cause its totally her...with her markers, drawing ALL the time. Everywhere. Love the age of 5, so much easier and fun...less time outs, although we had a few tonight...LOL.
Used a ton of Making Memories stuff here!

Had this picture of Aydan printed out the same time as the one of Kendall...just wanted to get it finished. It was hard to find some patterned paper that would work due to all the different shades of red in the pic. I really was going for a clean look here.
Got to use some stamping and punching here...2 of my favorite techniques. The red scalloped circle is an Archivers note card...just cut off one side and tucked it under the picture...made a circle with my circle cutter for the cover and used my embossing tool to score the left side so it folds. Then used some super strong tape to hold it in place. I wanted to do some hidden journaling to Aydan...just didn't want anyone flipping through his book and see it unless I wanted them to.

The stars were stamped with Stampin Up Kiwi Kiss Ink on the matching cardstock (new 2008 in-colors). Used a bunch of pop dots too for dimension. I'm amazed how well my stamped stars fit in the 2" circle punches...which were stamped too with a Stampin Up background stamp.
The star stamps are Fontwerks. I cut them out and then took my Basic Grey file in the corners so the cuts look sharp.

And a quick card here. Saw this technique on You Tube and had to use it. Took a brayer loaded with Baja Breeze and rolled into my Cuttlebug embossing plate and put a sheet of old book paper in it. Used some new Stampin Up colors here (Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red) and some Basic Gray Cardstock. I also got to play with the scalloped edge punch, embossed the circles with a Stampin Up brass embossing plate, and used the matte pack for the pierced edges (love that tool).


Supplies Used:
U at Five:
Patterned Paper, Die Cuts, Letter Stickers, Felt Stickers, Pink Trim, Grommets, Chipboard Flowers: Making Memories
Cardstock: Bazzill and Stampin Up
Blue Trim: (either May Arts or Prima...can't remember)
Chipboard Photo Corner: Bazzill
Pearls: Hero Arts
White Pen: Uniball Signo

I Want to Tell U:
Cardstock: Bazzill (blue/brown) and Stampin Up (red/green)
Stamps: Fontwerks
Punches: Fiskars, EK Success
Circle Cutter: Fiskars
Card Note: Archivers
Patterned Paper & Foam Letters: American Crafts
Trim Stickers: Making Memories
Brads: Hobby Lobby

Happy B-Day Card:
Cardstock, Dotted Brass Embossing Plate, Matte Pack (Piercing Plate Guide), Ink: Stampin Up
Embossing Folder (large flower): Cuttlebug
Buttons: Autumn Leaves
Ribbon: American Crafts
Stickers: Making Memories

4 comments:

Sara said...

Lovin' the new LO's!

Staci said...

Great LOs! You always do beautiful work!

laura vegas said...

i love the layouts! i think we all have those layouts now and then that we might change something ... but i'm also big on calling something "done" and moving on. lol! i like the simple, clean look on adyan's layout ... i'm working on one like that right now too and it's a refreshing change.

and you already know how much i love that card!!!

Heather Ruwe said...

Lovin all the layous and that card is YUMMY! Thanks for inspiring me. :)