Saturday, April 19, 2008

new stamp storage

I'm sick and tired of my CD jewel cases to store my stamps so I wanted to put them in a binder. I had this old Crop and Style embellishment/sticker case that wasn't being used, so I was thinking that it would be perfect. So far I have 11, 12x12 sheets in there and there is room for more. I used the small square ones for the M's dollar stamps and the individual AL, etc. For the 5 long pockets, I put HS and long stamps. On those I used some white cs for some backing and strength to pull them out and topped it with some transperancy to store the stamps on.For the 12x12 sheets, I used Cropper Hopper pager index dividers and mounted multiple sets on each one. You can fit another set of stamps on the other side of the same "jacket" or mount more on the back. I taped the original transperancy package if I had it so I could see them easier. This took me 4 hours so if you wanna go for this system its a lot of work. But I'm happy that I can now flip through the book and look for what I want.
Michaels $ stamps tucked in pockets. You need to trim the sides.



Long pockets: held extra M's stamps, HS word stamps, and small fontwerks unmounted letter stamps.


12x12 pockets with cropper hopper page divider used as the base to hold the acrylic stamps.


Unmounted rubber fontwerks stamps.


The binder itself.

This may sound confusing, so if you have questions, please feel free to ask me! Pardon the quality of the pictures...they are taken in my scraproom, which is in the dark basement. Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Christine said...

What a great idea for storing unmounted stamps! I have mine in a basket right now and something like this would make it so simple to see what I have available. Thanks for showing this!

laura vegas said...

this is really a great idea carla! i have a small 5x8 binder that i've adapted for some stamps. it works for now, because i don't have that many. lol! i've used transparenies to stick the acrylic stamps on.

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps said...

What a neat idea...I have that exact same sticker holder...right now it's holding lots of dust on it. LOL
Thanks for the idea, off to do it now.

Anonymous said...

I like your idea and I am going to try and get busy and see if I can get my stamps in a book.
I saw this system online and they had it indexed by seasons, holidays, and sayings. I couldn't tell if you had done that, but looks great.