Thursday, April 24, 2008

interesting week


So on Tuesday around 10:00, I'm at work and one of my co-workers tells me she needs me in the back. I walk in the lounge and my co-workers shout "surprise"...they threw me a surprise b-day party. I was so touched! Its not until Saturday, but my co-workers have been causally checking out my schedule for this week and I was really busy the rest of the week so they decided to do it early. I told them that they almost gave me a heart attack! Good thing the crash cart is nearby cause I almost needed it! They bought lunch and cake and our whole lounge was decorated with all those over the hill signs. Didn't bother me cause i don't feel over the hill. These days, I really don't care much about my b-day but since this one is a big one, I've decided to embrace it and have fun!


Today was bring your child to work day. Our HR department schedules chaperoned tours to certain departments and since I teach the xray students, I get to take on this task every year. I had my manager take some pics (not too good since the lights were dimmed and I don't care for this pic but it'll do) cause I don't have many pics of me at work, especially teaching. I did the same lecture to different groups of children 8 times today...yes 8 times. There were 99 children that came through. Yes, I said 99. I also have some really cool xrays of animals from our local zoo...lions, dolphins, turtles, etc. cause they bring the animals to us for CTs and MRIs. The kids really liked seeing all those animals and some of the kids even asked me if I could xray them. When I said no, they couldn't understand why. Kids are interesting little buggers...aren't they? Oh, and that's Jennifer, one of my students, helping me out. Nice to have a hand with all those kids.


and I took a photo shoot this morning of my first year students. I run a web newsletter for our department as well, so I like to put their pics up.
Right now is the perfect time to take some group shots outside! This was taken at 7:45 AM, perfect sun at that time and now that its spring, I can take some pics of them in front of all the flowered trees. So glad spring is really here!

2 comments:

laura vegas said...

happy early birthday carla!!! how nice that your coworkers did that for you. no one here does anything for me. lol! that's cool that you got to talk to all those kids about your job. i bet they all thought it was pretty cool!

laura vegas said...

forgot ... i had to laugh at the idea of taking pictures at 7:45am. i'm not even functioning that early. i'm all about 7:45PM!!! lol!