Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creative Scrappers 126

Hey, just a quick layout here based on Creative Scrappers Sketch 126. So much fun! The sketch calls for 3 pics but I only had 2. These are from my baby shower way back in 2003 and were on film and they're scanned so they aren't the best. I scrapped these pics before but wanted to redo the page cause it was full of super dark Chatterbox paper and lacked brightness. I'm not one to redo pages but this event was too important. I loved the doily look on the sketch and thought its be perfect. I also wanted to try my hand at layering...I tend not to use too many embellies on my page because its hard to place them sometimes without looking overdone. In that bottom pic, all three of us girls were pregnant. My sister is on the left expecting my nephew Nathan and my neighbor Cindy is in the middle expecting Kendall's friend Abby. Kendall was born in February, Nathan in March, and Abby in April, LOL. I love that pic!
I had some leftover stamped kraft paper in my stash so I typed my journaling over it, think it looks cute like that.
For the title I was going to use all chipboard letters that said "baby shower" but I ran out of room. The embellishment "baby" that you see below was already placed before I put the title on and it was a lucky accident that it ended up there. And one of my new favorite products are the silk leaves! They are either by Prima or Recollections (Michaels), I have both mixed in one jar, lol. They add a lot to the loose flowers. Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Hobby Lobby (kraft) and Stampin Up (orange and brown)
Patterned Paper, Lady Bug Tag, Arrow Tag: Cosmo Cricket
Large Doilies: Paula Dean
Small Doily: Martha Stewart
Metal Clip, Chipboard Letters, “Baby” embellishment, epoxy stickers, brads, transperancy tag, clear frame: Making Memories
Bingo Card: Jenni Bowlin
Flowers and Leaves: Prima
Plastic flowers: Queen and Co
Ticket: Ranger
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Papertry Ink
Border Punches: EK Success

4 comments:

Staci said...

Beautifully done as usual! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful layout. So pretty.

Sara said...

Beautiful LO! You did great with all the layering! Love the doilies!

On my way... said...

Gorgeous!! Love the clusters!