Saturday, November 06, 2010

Super Easy Baby Cards

I have a job at a hospital where I work with a LOT of people . I have no idea how many but its way over a hundred just in my immediate area. Because of that we are always celebrating babies, weddings, etc. I'm the one assigned to provide the card cause they know how crazy I am about this hobby. So anyhoo I made one card last night (the one above in the middle) and went to clean up my mess today and figured I would make a stack of them.
So I decided that I would make them easy and try to use up my scraps and leftover stickers. So I started with this sheet of Pebble stickers below that had 8 stickers left on them. I love these, so perfect for baby cards! And I think I paid $1 for them. (Pardon the yucky basement pics)
Then grabbed my favorite scraps of October Afternoon (Thrifty Shop and Fly a Kite). I have 2, 8x8 packs and just throw the scraps back in the kits cause the paper is just too gorgeous. The paper below was a casuality of my Slice and I seriously don't know why I kept it.
BUT, it was perfect to make some borders with my ever growing collection of border punches, which are my favorite tool ever!!! Then I grabbed some super old fiber that I should have thrown out ages ago...and also used up some of my skinny super old AC ribbon.
Here's some of the scraps I used...and grabbed a package of Hobby Lobby kraft premade note cards. Super cheap and easy, you don't have to cut or fold cardstock.
Remember these rub ons? I think I got these way back in 2003 when I first started scrapping. I still love them to this day but I have 3 left so I finally used them up.
Placed those on some leftover pieces of Making Memories Noteworthy. I got this paper from Archivers a few years back. They are 8x8 speciality papers and all have a fun edge on them.
Pretty much just used up a lot of old stuff and scraps and now I have 8 baby cards all ready to go and got rid of 2 packages of goodies. This idea would be good for weddings, kids bday cards, and sympathy cards. I usually keep sympathy cards on hand because its usually something you have to make right away. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

laura vegas said...

these are great carla! and i love how you showed all the scraps that you used! i love those MM rubon's, and use them for my cards all the time. and i have done the same idea, using those same pebbles stickers. used to make baby cards and wedding cards, using one simple sticker on each.

Sara said...

Cute cards!! Great idea to make a bunch of them! It feels good to use up old stash!

Sasha Farina said...

i need to do this. make cards from scraps.. except .. i'm card-tarded. HELP!

Deneen said...

Love the cards Carla great way to use the stickers!

Heather Ruwe said...

love the cards carla! great idea to use all thos scraps...they turned out so cute! :)