Sunday, November 14, 2010

Been super busy this week in my craft room. I can't believe how many pages and projects I've done. First up, this 7 gypsies artist tray:
I was inspired by this idea here . I pretty much lifted most of it. There were some products I didn't have so I changed those squares to my own design. Used a ton of October Afternoon Papers and a lot of Maya Road chip boards and stick pins. Lots of misting going on and also used a lot of Making Memories Vintage Findings. I have a whole drawer of that line...got most of it for 80% off last year at Michaels. And when I went to photograph this my flower was missing on the upper left hand corner so pretend there's a large flower there.
The tray took forever to complete but I've been working on it here and there for a few months.
This is a pic of my dinning room. Its part of our front room and the place that people see first when they walked in. The room used to be yellow and the table was pine. I painted the table and the walls, added the mirror, changed out the light, put a medallion on the ceiling, and changed out the curtains. The curtains and the mirror are from Ikea. The whole project cost me less than $300. Its been going on for a few months now. The table took me forever. I'll post some how-tos soon on that.

I also took profile pics of Kendall and Aydan and my sister worked her magic in photoshop. Had them printed at Walgreen's-even though I have 2 printers, the amount of black ink used was worth paying them to print. The frames are 9x12" and are from Michael's.

This layout if a lift from my friend Laura Vegas. You can see her layout here. I love her style and this layout was perfect for 2, 4x6 pics.
See that rosette under the heart? I've tried to make those with no success, this was made with the Tim Holtz Rosette Die for Sizzix. I went to my LSS just in search of that and when they had it, I ran to grab it. It was on 2 peas before but was sold out. Lovin his dies!
And the title? Its just a nickname that I've had for both kids since they were born. Just a term of endearment. Used mostly KI papers here (pink and brown and the border diecut), lovin their products lately. I wasn't a fan before. And just a layout of Maui when she was a pup. She got real sick and had to be in the hospital. These are pics that I had printed out for my trip with Heather but didn't have a chance to finish. This was a super quick layout!
I've also worked on my california album last week. I have 12x12 page dividers that divide the page into 6x12 pockets, with 3, 4x6's. they are made by We R Memory Keepers. I made 9 of these pages using October Afternoon and Jillibean Soup papers. The diecuts are also from OA.
I used some AC letter stamps (Ginger) on the title page above on the diecut.
Aren't those letters cute? I got them at Michaels and I love the size of them. I also used my new Fiskar's postage border punch. Love. Love. Love!!!
If you're still with me, thanks, lol. That was a lot!

5 comments:

Sara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the printer tray!! I've had one sitting in my to-do pile for awhile--now I really want to work on it!!! Great LO's! Love the rosette! Your dining room looks awesome! Looks like the hard work paid off!

Staci said...

Love the silhouette and LOs! Really digging that rosette! :-)

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Carla! I've been creeping around your blog for a while now, and I just love it! Boy, you had lots to share in this post!

I bought the same tray at a s'book convention back in the summer and still have done nothing with it. I'm inspired after seeing how you finished yours. Oh, and I love how your room turned out.

Thanks for sharing such great ideas/inspiration!

Sasha Farina said...

woman... do you ever sleep? i adore the silhouette of the kids.. teach me!

Heather Ruwe said...

wow girl! you have been busy. love all your projects...they rock! :)