
Love the challenges! Kinda saves me the steps on figuring out what I want to do. This LO was a challenge from Laura's Blog, Mary's Blog, and Lisamarie's Blog...the challenge was to use purple, vellum, and the number 13. I don't use purple a lot, but have 2 shades of Stampin Up cardstock. When I started brainstorming here, I knew that I wanted to use a black and white photo, my Slice, and my Sizzix Stampin Up Big Notz diecut. Lately, I've been on the cardstock kick lately...totally ignoring my patterned paper. I think I get frustrated trying to coordinate sheets! I love using a light shade of blue when I use purple...love the color combo, so I decided to go with that! I started with this picture of Aydan when he was 9 days old cause it was the only black and white photo I had printed out...and its so cute anyway. Started with a 8x8 scalloped cardstock for the base, covered that with a MM patterned paper and then layered that with 3 diecuts of the Big Notz on vellum. There are 13 flowers cut out here and I stamped each one with a different definition stamp...arranged them around the picture in no particular pattern and added some felt letters. Looks easy, and it was, just time consuming...just worked on it a bit each day. OK and after finding those links, I realized that ribbon was part of the challenge...just pretend that strip of paper is ribbon. Not going to take pics again.
And now that its winter, its hard for me to get pics of my layouts...have to wait until the weekend. I was seriously going to take a picture of my LO's on my patio table, but it was covered with snow, and it was super windy out...and about 25 degrees. The temperature won't stop me, but the wind and the snow will! LOL! I propped my LO's on my kitchen chair and angled it toward the patio door. Even though it was cloudy and snowing today, it was bright in the house from the reflection of the snow. That was enough to get great lighting on my pics!
Another 8x8 page I did last week of Kendall and her best friend at school. These two are joined at the hip and have been friends for 2.5 years...that's a lot of time when you're 5! I lifted a LO from Sheri Reguly here...fell head over heels for her LO and it became a "must lift"! I really wanted to lift it 100% but after I go through the first portion of it, I just gave up. She's too good to lift exactly...plus I didn't have all the exact products she did.
Products Used:
"Aydan"
Cardstock: DCWV, Stampin Up
Patterned Paper, Diecut Machine: Making Memories
Definition Stamps, Ink: Stampin Up
Mirror: Heidi Swapp
Buttons: Autumn Leaves
Stickles: Ranger
Vellum and Pop Dots
"Kendall and Anthony"
Cardstock & Cardstock Trim: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Making Memories and DCWV
Clip, Staples, and Flower: Making Memories
Stamp: Hero Arts (quote) Inkadinkadoo (fluorish)
Heart Diecut: Jenni Bowlin
Stickers: Heidi Grace and KI Memories
Silver Gems: Mark Richards
Ink: Memories and ColorBox Chalk Queue

4 comments:
Look at you rockin' the challenges! I agree it's so easy to be inspired by Laura & Mary. Love both LO's! Glad to see someone has time to scrap!
Thanks Carla! I'm glad you liked it : ). Your page is too cute. I love all the embellishment. Great use of the slice. I've been getting back into die cutting as well. It's a great way to use scraps, especially for Christmas cards!
love what you did with the challenge! all those flowers look great on there ... love all the varieties! thanks for playing along!
oh this is great! i'm jealous; i haven't scrapbook since my last challenge with Laura and Mary. and i love your sliced stuff: i don't have a slicer: i'm so jealous! LOL1 i wish santa would drop one in the chimney this year:)
and thank you for the "congrats" on my 13th year.
Post a Comment