Sunday, December 07, 2008

Teacher's/Caretaker Gifts


Whew, I've done a ton of scrapping this past week, but lately I've been setting shop up in the kitchen or family room at a table so I can catch up on my DVR. It has been as low as 5 degrees around here lately...and snowing...and windy. We're stuck inside for sure!
So I wanted to make something cute for my kids teachers and caretakers for Christmas this year. I printed a pillow box template onto some cardstock, ran it through the Cuttlebug twice, scored, folded it, and glued each one shut. The sides open up on both ends. I cut a notch at the end of one of the flaps so it would be easier to open. Made 10 of these. That is how many I needed exactly, but now I'm thinking I should have made a couple of more, just in case!
The tags were made using the Slice and some Making Memories stamps. I used a craft Stampin Up pad and then added this Ranger Holographic Embossing power. This stuff is cool...but you have to have a very juicy stamp pad for it to work (should of taken a close up, this picture doesn't show it at all). Added some ribbon and viola...easy to make. I originally was going to use some shabby chic patterned paper but then I came across this ribbon I bought a couple of weeks ago at Michael's, so I based my design on that. The blue cardstock here is Tempting Turquoise from Stampin Up and its my all time favorite colored cardstock...if its ever discontinued, I will cry! I chose some other colors just to mix it up a bit.
I blurred out my last name on the tags in photoshop for these pics...just something I get weird about!
Oh, and just a hint...if you even make these...after you glue the end down and let it dry, tie the ribbon around the box while flat and then open it up. It makes the tie nice and snug to the box so it doesn't slip. Thanks for looking!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock, Ink: Stampin Up
Stamps, Diecut Machine: Making Memories
Ribbon and Pen: American Crafts
Silver Bling: Michaels
Embossing Powder: Ranger

4 comments:

Carine Hartman said...

Wow I love your pillowboxes. I will make some to. So my daughters can give them to their teachers.

laura vegas said...

these are just the cutest things ... i LOVE the colors you picked! i'll have to find that template!

Heather Ruwe said...

Oh, I love these! Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

How great are these?? You are just working that snow embossing folder--LOVE it!!