Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas

Wow, lots of pics to share...didn't get too many Christmas photos...just kind of hung out that day in our PJs.

I decided to make a lot of cookies this year. I like to bake, just not all the time. LOL. There are gingerbread men too, but I didn't take a pic. I used a lot of Martha Stewart recipes from her Baking Handbook...lots of good stuff! The cookies on the left are black and white cookies. I saw them in her book and it reminded of a Seinfeld episode. I have never had one, so I decided to add them to my Christmas Cookies list. The mexican wedding cookies are very tradtional in our family. My mom made them all the time for Christmas. The pretzel treats are just melted Rolos on pretzels and then I added buttered pecans. Yum!
We had the strangest weather around here...record breaking snowfall. Super low temps! Feels like your eyeballs will freeze out there. I took this picture from inside my van last week for proof! LOL!
Then a few days ago, the temps got to the 60s, had roads that were frozen, poured for two days straight, fog, high winds, and even tornado watches! Got it all!!
Got a halfway decent picture here of the kiddies. I tried to put some hair wax in Aydan's hair but it didn't come out too well. Poor Kendall, she has eczema on her cheeks and it gets worse in the winter. I tried to photoshop but somehow she had two mouths after that. She lost her second tooth. I keep forgetting about it when I feed her. Kept making her corn on the cob and giving her oranges. She holds her own though!
Took these pics of the kids at the outdoor mall last night. They have this giant Christmas tree that lights to classical Christmas music. Here were sitting in the patio of a restaurant and they had heater lights on. They weren't serving out there of course, but the heat helped a bit. Then, after waiting for 20 minutes, the music came on but the lights didn't...so we left. It was already 6:00 and the stores were closed. What a waste!

I noticed pasta sauce on Kendall's chin when I was looking at this pic and I actually managed to photoshop it out. I'm so NOT good at PS, so I was very happy how this came out!

Kendall and I made these journals yesterday. Got this idea from Kristina Werner...just fold a piece of CS and some computer paper together. Staple the spine part...and there you are!
Kendall likes to doodle so we made one for her as well. There are already crayon stains on the front. I am using mine to jot down decorating ideas or things I want to fix around the house. Its been a big subject around here. Got 26 sheets of paper in mine and I've already used it!


Made this card for some friends of ours who just had twins (boy and girl). Its a big card...5.5" square. I really didn't like it until I added the giant ribbon to it. We are bringing the card and gift to their house so I don't have to worry about mailing it.
Forgive this picture. Later I was wrapping the gift and wanted to dress up this kraft bag. I used a Heidi Swapp mask with some white paint...cut a slit and slipped the back of the card through. Now I don't have to worry about an envelope! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

laura vegas said...

some really cute pictures of the kids! that is too bad kendall has the excema on her cheeks. i've had several daycare kids with it ... and it always showed so much in pictures. and photoshopping it was too hard. but she's a cutie!!!

love the journals! and i cannot believe you have yours filled up already! sounds like some big plans! the card came out really cute too ... love the pink and blue carriages!

Sara said...

Cute pics of the kids! Love the baby card & the journals--might have to make those!