Friday, December 19, 2008

Whew...we've had one tough winter so far and it officially hasn't started yet! I took a vacation day today because there were huge warnings that we were getting up to 14" of snow! After Tuesday's long, 2.5 hour commute home, I had had enough! We probably got 6-8" so far, but its pretty slick with some ice, so driving isn't really safe now. The kids are off from school until January 5th and Ozan is off the whole time with them. He works at a college and they go to school there at the early childhood center. The employees get paid the week between Christmas and New Years, so he is very lucky. I'm thankful that they get to spend that time home!
It was a bit warmer today, not in the single digits like it has been. Kids were dying to sled today so we took them in the backyard since the roads were bad. Our backyard is sloped, which I hate, but it has its benefits...helps prevent flooding to our house and gives the kids a hill to sled on.


Don't let the pics fool you! Aydan was a fuss monster on and off during this time!
I had to take a picture of Kendall holding this chunk of snow! We had some on the ground already and then the new snow was pretty icy...you could just pick it up in one piece. And when you walk on it, its like styrofoam...you could walk on it, but then your foot would fall through a second later. Kinda weird!
Kendall was trying to make snow angels but the snow was too hard! She couldn't even make a dent in it...LOL!
Just some close ups of the kiddies!

...some cards I made this weekend. These were both lifts. The one on the left is from Kristina Werner...I really wanted to use my coffee stamp that I had forever. On Kristina's card she used vanilla embossing powder, which I have been looking for but couldn't find. I scored some recently made by American Crafts...since when did they make embossing powder?
The other one is a lift by Nicole Heady, one of the owners of Papertrey Ink...I've come across her blog here and there and its a wonderful place to visit. I'm trying to update my google reader and she is definately "reader worthy".
OK, I've gotta say that I can't believe how nice the bow came out! That can hold me up trying to get that right! On the butterfly card I added some Liquid Pearls and some pencil coloring (to the first butterfly) just to change it up a bit. When I'm feeling uncreative and just want to scrap a bit, I will lift something just to get the creative juices flowing!

And here is a serious case of hat head. I had a hard time capturing it in the picture but OMG..it was SO funny!
Supplies Used:
Thank You
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Ink: Staz-On and Versamark
Stamps: Stampin Up and Wordsworth
Marker: Copic
Embossing Powder and Ribbon: American Crafts
Celebrate
Cardstock: Stampin Up and Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper and Ink: Stampin UP
Stamp: Hero Arts
Paper Piercer: Making Memories
Die Cut Machine: Cuttlebug
Pencils: Prisma
Punch: Marvy
Buttons: Autumn Leaves
Sticker: Deja Views
Liquid Pearls

3 comments:

Sara said...

The kids look like they're having a blast in the snow! Laughed at Kendall trying to make a snow angel!! The cards are beautiful! Might have to lift them myself!

laura vegas said...

looks like they had fun out in the snow ... even if it was hard and icy. and love the cards ... the brown/pink combo is so pretty!

Sasha Farina said...

precious photos!! and those cards are so lovely!