
Another inspiration challenge from Kristina Werner's Blog. The colors are Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand (0r a metallic), very vanilla, and whisper white. I haven't done a challenge in a while but I needed to make a card for my in-laws 43rd wedding anniversary so I figured I could do a challenge and accomplish their card at the same time.
This was um...challenging...mixing white with vanilla. I almost gave up! I coated the inside of a cuttlebug folder with Stampin Up Craft White and then ran it through with a piece of Riding Hood Red. The large scalloped shape was made with a Stampin Up Sizzix diecut. Used my Slice to make the heart, the label, and the "love". I put some Stickles on the "love" because it just looked too bland. I wanted to chalk it, but couldn't find my chalks! Looking back I could have made another "love" in a larger size and a different color to put under the original love.
The large bird is a stamp from "Stampabilities" that I got from Hobby Lobby Last week. I used Versamark ink to stamp it and then added some Martha Stewart glitter. Also added some preservative spray to keep it together. Also added some Stickles to the large heart diecut.

10 comments:
I love everything about this card!!
love your take on this challenge! you manage to get so much technique stuff on your cards too! and love the slice heart ... it's one of my most used shapes (you'll see in a month or so. lol!).
OH WOW this is gorgeous! What a surprise when I opened the link! ~Donna
How gorgeous! Very nice!!
Wow, this card it BEAUTIFUL!
What a beautiful card! Love it!
It's a beautiful card. You have done great on the challenge.
wow - is that ever beautiful! love that writing behind everything and the bird and embellishments are beautiful! really well done - and even though you might have ben challenged with the mixing of the white and vanilla together - your card turned out beautifully!!!!
your in laws are going to LOVE it! congrats to them on their 43 anniversary!!
best wishes,
Sankari :)
simply love your take on this challenge! great job!
very pretty card!
Post a Comment