Another 2 paged LO about Aydan's third birthday party. I'm really not into scraping celebrations, really love to scrap more about my kids themselves...what they say, like, etc. This is the reason why I just use a simple LO on these...just to get them done and include a bunch of pics. Used a photo collage template from Scrapbooks, etc's website...on both of these pages I was inspired by Valerie Salmon's page in their examples.
Excuse these pics. Took these inside by our window. The problem is that we have those white pane lines in them and they cause shadows. Don't have much sunlight these days and when we do, its hard to get outside to take them either due to the cold or wind.
Used my new Slice (cut out star and "enjoy") on this card for my nephew Tyler's 8th birthday, which is coming up in December. I have a hard time making kids cards...but I think this came out OK. I used a smaller card size as well...seems easier to lay it all out together. I think its about 3x4. If you're seeing this Chrissy (my sister), don't show him!
Also used a Cuttlebug embossing border folder on the side and added some white pen to it and to the embossed dots behind the star.
Had to post these pics of Kendall. We don't watch prime time TV with the kids much. The content isn't really kid friendly plus they are in bed by 7:30. I like to watch Dancing With the Stars but its 90 minutes long. My solution is to watch it on the weekends with the kids. Kendall stands in front of the TV and just imitates them as much as she can. Its so cute! She shakes her hips and shoulders, spins around, rolls on the floor. A good work out for her. LOL!
Its almost time to sign up for a winter class for her...last time it was ballet. I'm thinking about signing her up for something faster like Hip Hop...I think she would like that.


And grandma and grandpa came over Saturday night and started this gingerbread house with the kids. I wasn't home but there was duct tape and a caulk gun on the table too...Ozan is a duct tape fanatic and I really don't want to know if he was planning on using any of those items to put the house together. I didn't even ask! Kids had fun putting the candy on...its a mess, but it was made by them, so I love it!
Supplies Used:
"Pumpkin Patch"
Cardstock: Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper: SEI, chatterbox
Laser Cut Paper: Creative Imaginations
Die Cuts/Brads: SEI
Cork: Karen Foster Design
Buttons: Autumn Leaves
Definition Sticker, Chipboard Letters, and Staples: Making Memories
"Aydan's Third Birthday"
Patterned paper: Scenic Route
Cardstock: Stampin Up, Archivers, Bazzill
Ink/Scalloped Circle Punch/Rolling Stamp: Stampin Up
Ribbon: May Arts
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Cardstock Trim: Bazzill
Word Stickers/Staples: Making Memories
Birthday Stickers (round): Heidi Grace
Stickles: Ranger
"Enjoy" Card
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Die Cut Machine: Slice, Making Memories
Rub Ons: Doodlebug Design
Chipboard/Staples: Making Memories
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
White Pen: Uniball Signo
2 comments:
i love these layouts carla! you know i'm a big fan of photo collages! and they're always good for getting tons of photos on a page ... without too much thought! and how cute is kendall ... at least she's not into imitating the skimpy outfits they have to wear. lol!
You've been really creative lately!! Love the LO's & the collages. Really like the colors & papers you used. They came out great! I think your kid card is perfect & love all the cuttlebug embossing with the white highlights.
Kendall looks adorable dancing around. Think she'll have a lot of fun with hip-hop.
Post a Comment