Sunday, February 10, 2008

b-day party


We had Kendall's b-day party yesterday at a bowling alley. Here is Daddy with the kiddies. Aydan was so fussy the whole time...it was a bit stressful. The lights were turned off for Cosmic bowling, so I didn't get the best pics. They came out OK, considering.
Here is a page I worked on today called, "Almost 5". Just some journaling of Kendall's favorite things at her age.
And I also make some thinking of you/sympathy cards. Whenever I need to give someone one, I never have any on hand, so I wanted to be prepared. The ribbon on this card is American Crafts...saw it at my scrapbook store by the yard. I used it all already...wished I got more. I just love gray, its such a beautiful color...and this ribbon is just gorgeous.

The stamp is embossed in white on vellum...the brad is a nickel finish from American Crafts as well...I love these brads and they were hard to find. The card is pretty simple for my style but I wanted a more classic look since its a "thinking of you" card. The "Thinking of You" stamp is Stampin Up...I use this set more than anything.

Oh, and my neighbor told me yesterday that one of our local scrapbook stores closed down:( Darn...they always had the newest stuff. RIP...

Have a great week everyone.

3 comments:

laura vegas said...

i love that layout! love all the embellishments! and where are the felt flowers from ... i love felt!

glad to hear the party was good! that stinks they turned the lights out though ... might be fun for kids ... but not good for photos! lol!

Karla Dudley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Glad you has so much fun! Your layout is absolutely stunning. Love all those felt flowers!

Girl I know what you mean about scrap stores going under. I have never been there when one went down because If I did I would have mad paper storage right now LOL!!!! But we just moved into a small town where there are NO scrap stores or craft stores. I sucks big time. So traveling 25 mins away is something I just have to do ya know?

Ok...I am so rambling LOL!!! I'll let you go :)

-Karla

Heather Ruwe said...

Your LO is just darling. Love all the bright colors. Thanks for sharing!