Monday, July 23, 2007

Dealing with the pain

Well...I'm on vacation, a mixed blessing. Of course being home with the kiddies is the best thing in the world. But being home also reminds me more that Chloe is really gone. We are going away in a few days so hopefully I will feel better. I made this page and wrote a lot of journaling to help the pain. I just really can't believe she's gone...
Its so ironic because I bought Chloe for Ozan after he recovered from cancer and then she dies of it. I just can't get over it.
The journaling on the scrap page states, "Chloe, I can’t believe you are gone…I just can’t understand why we only had 10 years with you. You were taken too soon. My heart hurts so badly and the pain is unbearable. The house is so quiet and it feels lonely and empty. It’s only been 2 weeks now and I want this pain to go away.

The first time I had to come home to a house without you was painful. I sat in my car and cried. I couldn’t open that door and not have you greet me. I miss you sitting by Aydan’s highchair waiting for him to drop some food. I miss you barking at the garbage man and sleeping in front of your favorite window. When I take the kids outside, it feels lonely to not have you playing with them. When I come downstairs in the morning, you are not there to say hello. I miss kissing you goodbye when I leave for work. I miss your hugs and kisses. The kids miss you more than ever. I can’t handle seeing your leash or your toys because they remind me that you’re not here anymore. Why did you have to leave?

1 comment:

So Sonya said...

What a beautiful and touching LO... such a fantastic keepsake for you... BTW< loving your blog too!!!