Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Assignment with Creative Scrappers

Today's the big day, my first assignment with Creative Scrappers :)

Had such a great time putting this page together. My daughter Kendall and my nephew Nathan are only 6 weeks apart and this super close bond, even though they don't see each other a lot. I loved the colors of these JBS papers, they just seemed to fit the theme. The circle diecut under the left picture was made with my Silhouette and the flowers were made with my Tim Holtz rossette diecut. I have a million of those badges that I've been hoarding, so I thought they'd look cute in the flower centers. This was the awesome sketch that I was given to work with :) I just love sketches, they are my favorite tool! They save me a lot of time from trying to figure out how the layout of my page will be. I'm really looking forward to the other designer's take on this sketch, so please visit Creative Scrappers HERE and check it out! They also have drawings for prizes when you submit your take on the sketch. Would love to see your take on it too! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Staci said...

Oooh! It's so pretty! Beautifully done!

Ana Castro said...

Great page Carla!! hugs

Unknown said...

What a fun page! Great take!

Sara said...

Great job on your 1st assignment! Love your spin on the sketch & the papers are perfect for this!

Tracy said...

What a sweet layout.
That sketch is so fun, perfect take on it.