The bottom shelf hold my scrap mags and books and my Cards and Scrapbook Trends Magazines. I disposed of old mags that were more than a year old, except special issues. I usually read these in bed so I figured that this would be the perfect place for them.
The shelf above holds my empty scrapbooks. I have a lot because I got some good deals on them. lol. In the middle are 2 boxes of loose photos that need to be put away.
The top shelf holds my wedding albums and portrait studio pics of the kids on the left side. I also have my dogs ashes up there in that small white box. I need to get a nice urn for her.
Here is a picture of the inside of the box that hold my portraits. I got this 12x12 box from Michaels. I'm also trying to use a black and white theme here so it looks nice and neat.
The right side holds photo boxes. These are all from Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Right now 3 are filled and I have 3 empty ones waiting to be filled. I recently took most of my pictures out my photo albums. I had all different sized ones and styles and it looked really messy and took a lot of space up. All of those pics I took out were taken before kids. My wedding pics and my kids pics are in albums. I've been printing large quantities of digital pics of my kids to make albums for them. Right now I have the first year of Aydan and the first two years of Kendall. Its a work in process.
The pictures in the boxes are not very organized by a timeline. Right now I 'm concentrating on getting them out of the albums to save some space. I figured that I can work on the pictures here and there in front of the TV.
Got a great deal last week. I've been wanting a small desk to put in our livingroom or family room. I was in Target and they had their desks on clearance for $32! This one was normally $129. What a steal! It has a glass top (not my first choice) and the shelf under it pulls out. I don't have a chair yet so I'm using one of our kitchen chairs. I just wanted a place for my laptop and have a pretty piece of furniture. The shelf below has a folder for my bills and I also keep my address book and stamps there as well.
A few months back I purchased this cheese keeper thingy from a resale shop and painted it white. I got some fake pears from HL and it sits in my livingroom.
Hope you enjoyed the mini tour...have a great Mother's Day!!!
3 comments:
Looks all nice and organized. I used one of these and my hall closet. Then they somehow shrunk and I got my own room :)
ok, now i want that new desk and the folder for large prints and the cheese keeper, okay? Okay. I'll be waiting for you to send them over. Holler when I need to leave for the airport ;)
Wow girl! You have been on a mission!! Everything looks great! I love the armoire! And seriously how lucky did you get on that awesome desk!?!!
Post a Comment