Sunday, May 09, 2010

Teacher's Gifts

Teachers are so important in our kids lives. We depend on them everyday to teach our kids right and our kids need people like teachers to look up to. I am actually very sad that my daughter is finishing first grade in a few weeks because we love her teacher so much.
I was searching around for some handmade gift ideas when I came across Jennifer McGuire's Blog and found exactly what I was looking for. You can see the cards in the last picture in this entry here and the product in its entirity on the Hero Arts blog here.
I used some Stampin Up cardstock in Very Vanilla and a Memories inkpad in brown. I first did a test stamp on a piece of computer paper and measured where the sentiment would need to be typed on the page. Using photoshop, I typed the text and moved it in the correct location. I had the grid on for guidance. I did a few test prints and worked it out. The flowers are vanilla HA art flowers so I sprayed them with some Glimmer Mist.
The folder was made using the technique found here. I used some Stampin Up cardstock Chocolate Chip to make the folder. Before I assembled it, I used a HA background stamp and heat embossed it with some Ranger clear embossing powder. I strung it with some ribbon and added a title. I didn't have room for the "s" in notecards and its killing me.
I made 10 notecards and tomorrow I'm heading to Hobby Lobby to get some colored envelopes. I have some white ones but they don't look so great next to the vanilla. Hobby Lobby has a great stock of AC envelopes in different colors.
I'm not sure if I want to add anything else to the front. Would love any input that you might have. Have a great week!

8 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

overachiever!! now my kids will want that gorgeous gifts for their teachers! yikes!! LOL. but in all seriousness, those are gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Tracy said...

These are adorable.

Staci said...

Beautifully done! TFS!

laura vegas said...

wow girl! these are amazing! i love the folder ... the embossing adds such a gorgeous touch!

Sara said...

Beautiful!! K's teacher is going to LOVE this!! Your details are swesome!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, what a great gift idea! You did a fabulous job with it! :)

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Heather Ruwe said...

STUNNING! Can I borrow your idea? ;)