Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Chrissy

I have to give a Happy Birthday shout-out to my younger sister Chrissy, who's birthday is Thursday. I'm a little behind in sending out my cards so I wanted her to see it.
I had fun making this card...she is a very colorful and fun person so I made this card to reflects her personality. Used some Cosmo Delovely line here for the chipboard flower and patterned paper. The scalloped border was made from the new embossed Bazzill...oh my word, I'm in love with that new line. I got it at Archivers but I saw the 8.5x11 version at Michaels.
Also did a LO of my sister and her two boys, whom she's crazy about. This LO was based on the Creative Scrappers Sketch Number 103. Love their sketches.
I took this picture of my sister and her boys on Mother's Day. The layout didn't really turn out the way I had planned. I changed my mind about the journaling spots but I couldn't take them off. And I'm crazy about yellow lately and I'm lovin the AC yellow thickers :) I used my Slice Basic Elements card here to make the hexagons...such a fun shape. I also just wanted to share a few of my favorite things lately...
My Making Memories Slice Hands Free Magnetic Mat...use this everytime I scrap, seriously.
Anything Cosmo and 6x6 paper pads. I love having the whole line in my hands, especially when I love every single patterned paper in it.
Hobby Lobby card pack. They have white, black, and kraft...and I have all 3, lol. Comes with 50 cards and envelopes for $7 and they go on sale for 40-50% all the time. You can't beat that. Even though I have tons of cardstock, I still got them because they are so convenient and a time saver. The cardstock is pretty good quality as well.
And last, a pic of my pooch Maui, who is 7 months old. This girl's nickname lately has been Mau-Mau. Cute :) Come back tomorrow, I have a nice surprise post.

Supplies:
Happy BDay card:
Card Base: Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper and Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket
Acrylic Letters: Recollections
Journaling Spot and Edge Distressor: Heidi Swapp
Border Punch: EK Success

Family Layout:
Cardstock, Ribbon, Journaling Pen, and Thickers: American Crafts
Patterned Paper and Border Die Cut: Sassafrass Lass
Clear Stickers: Hambly Studios
Journaling Stickers: October Afternoon
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Acrylic Butterflies: Making Memories
Tiny Attacher and Staples: Ranger
Pop Dots and Brads

6 comments:

Kristine said...

I love the layout you created using our CS Sketch 103! Thank you so much for sharing. Those colors are fabulous .. what a great blog you have ;-)

laura vegas said...

hope your sister has a great birthday! super cute card ... love that flower! and i just love the colors on the layout. gorgeous!

Kathy Martin said...

Great projects! Oh and a darling pup! :)

Milamemories said...

Super cute card and layout. I found your site through two peas, i am in the Chicagoland area as well. Let me know if you hear of any crops going on. Feel free to check out my blog: milamemories.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Cute card! Hope your sister had a great birthday! Love the LO! I think the journaling spots look GREAT! And Thickers are a weakness of mine too!

gleestormont said...

Maui, does that mean you have some wonderful Hawaii memories? I live in Kailua, so I think HI is the best place on the planet. I haave tons of fab Maui memories from so many days spent there during my college years!