Saturday, November 21, 2009

few layouts and a coaster

Just a quick post. Did a few layouts this past week...feeling a little behind here. This layout was a ton of work, I know it doesn't look like it but I got half way through the layout and redid it. Reprinted pics and tossed out the rest. I used sketch #78 from Got Sketch. I think creating my own sketch and arranging things on pages are the hardest part of scrapping for me. I'm really finding myself using them more since I'm a lot happier with my work. and sketches just really seem to balance the page. I'm so NOT good at that. Used my Slice on "awesome", the banner, and the swirl you see on the calendar. Used the Basic Grey Indian Summer line here...love that line! I only have the 6x6 pad so this sketch was perfect for it!


Added a Jenni Bowlin calendar, and some MM Autumn Splendor leaves. Even pulled out some super old school MM Thanksgiving/Fall definition stickers. And those wooden buttons? Got them from Hong Kong on ebay...took a month to get those but I like them because they are so different.


And a change of pace here. Wanted to scrap Kendall's soccer pics. I had printed two, 4x6 pics and had another plan. But then I saw Laura's page here (see post below) and decided to lift it but using a different color scheme. I loved her layout especially because the pics stretched across the page and I had 2, 4x6 pics to use. Worked out perfect. I didn't intend on using a red, white and blue theme. LOL. Started with the red, white, and grey to go with the uniforms and then added on blue to match my husband's coaching uniform.
And I'm on a coaster kick lately. Trying to make these so that I have one out by the front door for every occasion. I ran out of my Bazzill coasters so I made my own from chipboard...just rounded off the corners. Used my Calendar Slice card here, Autumn Splendor, and my wooden buttons, and the MM definition sticker.
Thanks for looking!

Supplies Used
Awesome Autumn
Cardstock, Foil Paper, and Ribbon: AC
PP and Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey
Slice Machine, Leaves, Felt Letters, Staples, and Stickers: Making Memories
Border Punch: Fiskars
Stickles: Ranger
Calendar Die Cut: Jenni Bowlin
Corner Chomper: We R Memory Keepers
Soccer
Cardstock: Bazzill and Stampin Up (blue)
Lace Paper and Border Sticker: KI
Diecuts and PP: Scenic Route
Ribbon: AC and Stampin Up
Mini Staples: Ranger
Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey
Chipboard Stars: Gin X
Letter Stickers: Heidi Swapp
White Pen: Uniball Signo
Mini Letter Stickers: Making Memories
Corner Chomper: We R Memory Keepers
Thanksgiving Coaster
PP, journal die cut, definition sticker, Slice Machine (calendar), Ribbon: Making Memories
Clips and Distress Ink: Ranger
Wooden Button

7 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

love it all carla! i especially love the wood buttons...they look like they were well worth the wait. thanks for sharing! :)

Sara said...

Awesome work Carla!! I agree--it's so much easier when you use a sketch!

Sierra said...

Lovely projects! I really love the fall colors. I could have a house full of oranges, burnt reds, and yummy greens. Happy Early Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

laura vegas said...

love the projects carla! the soccer one is fabulous ... love the star die cut cardstock as the background! and love the coaster. i meant to do a fall one to have out too ... still have my halloween one up by the fireplace. lol! and i'm with sierra ... i was just thinking the other day how i would love to have my entire house in fall colors :)

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous LO's and card. Thanks for the inspiration:)
http://cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

DIY Bridal Files said...

Those look great! Love them!

Sasha Farina said...

how do you manage to scrap that much? crazy.. i can do one layout in maybe 10 days! LOL.. and that first layout, totally blew me away, just FYI. Love the calendar and swirls part. Might juat have to get me a slice.