Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our New Baby

Meet Maui, our new lab puppy. We got her 2.5 weeks ago and my life hasn't been the same since. I mean that in a good and bad way. LOL. She is sweet as anything and gives lots of love. BUT its like having a toddler around. She gets into everything, poops and pees a ton, and constantly has to be watched.

These pics are the first day we brought her home...she weighs 7 lbs at 6 weeks old. So cute.


Kendall has been asking for a puppy forever. I can't even explain how excited she was...the look on her face was priceless! It just melted my heart!
5 days after we got her, which was the day after Thankgiving, she got real sick with a virus. We had to rush her to her vet because she had terrible diarrhea. It really scared us silly. She was there for 6 hours and they pumped her up with IVs and some antibiotics. Poor girl lost 1.5 lbs. She's OK now but for a while we were on pins and needles worried about her.
This is her at the vets office when we went to see her in the afternoon. She looked a whole lot better than she did 3 hours before that. Its amazing how much better IVs can turn someone around. I'm so glad she's OK.

Here she is resting at home with her little IV access in so she could go back in for more fluids . They bandaged it up (complete with a butterfly) to keep it protected and even added some bad tasting stuff so we wouldn't take it out. Well, later that night she was feeling better and took out her IV. LOL.
And just a quick layout I wanted to share. Almost everything here is from Making Memories Vintage Findings Collection. The music paper is from a vintage children's music book, which incidently I found at a resale shop while we waiting for Maui to be released from the vet.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carine Hartman said...

She is little adorable devil. So Sad to see a puppy so sick. But enjoy the the wild one.

Staci said...

Such a cutie pie! Adorable pics!

Heather Ruwe said...

Oh Carla...what a cutie! So glad she is okay now. Love the LO about her. Super cute! :)

Sara said...

So glad Maui is all better! Love the LO of her! You made perfect use of the Vintage line!

Sasha Farina said...

Aww Carla.. how adorable is she. I am terrified of dogs but I think I like her already!