Last night I saw Laura's blog here and realized that I haven't done a family LO yet and I felt bad yet inspired to do one right away. Getting pics of the entire family is nearly impossible so I used her idea of lining up individual photos. I love how it came out. I used my profile pic and shot some of everyone else this morning in our backyard. I had out hairbrushes, a squirt bottle for Aydan's hair...which is always a mess. I quickly uploaded them to picasa and printed them into 2x3 photos, using 2, 4x6 photo paper. It was about 75 degrees today but the sun was hot...the kids spent most of the afternoon in the sprinkler and now they are nice and tired for an early bedtime :)
So anyway, my husband couldn't stop telling me how much my pic looks so much different then them. He tells me to "just brush your hair and I'll take a pic". Um, no. I don't have makeup on today and it would take about 60 pics to get a decent one...plus he doesn't zoom in nor knows the way to get a good portrait. I mean he literally wouldn't stop talking about how much my pic looked different than theirs...and that I need to change it! I'm not changing it! I don't care! LOL!
Laura's LO was based on this sketch challenge...so cute! I gotta check out the future challenges.
I used a Stampin Up brass stencil on some kraft cardstock...which took about an hour but I'm really happy how it came out. When I first started scrapbooking, dry embossing and punches were my favorite things...plus those items are so versitile and last forever.
The stencil has small dotted circles around the big circles...you can emboss those too but they don't come out very well so I just used a poker through those.
The patterned paper below the pics is Carolyn Gavin for K and Co. and its so cute. I picked up the 4x6 mat pack at Michaels today and also the border trims, which are so adorable. I also got the prima crystals in the clearance section.
Thanks for looking.
Supplies Used:
Die Cut Patterned Paper: Making Memories (Giggle Kids)
Patterned Paper and Borders: K and Co
Cardstock: Hobby Lobby
Puffy Letters: American Crafts
Vintage Tag: Making Memories
Brass Stencil and Marker: Stampin Up
Crystals: Prima

4 comments:
this turned out so cute carla! love your take on it. and that's funny about your hubby wanting you to take a new picture. lol! i just got those k&co diecuts and borders last week. i actually had the 4x6 paper pack in my hand ... but passed. i know i should have just got it.
Hi Carla! I love your take on Laura's page :) She does good stuff, and so do you!!! :)
Gorgeous LO Carla! I was telling Laura that I need to do a family LO---now I REALLY need to do one!!
i saw laura's LO on her blog and just loved it...you did such a great job on your version. so fun! i just picked up those tiny, vintage mm tags today! can't wait to use them. :)
Post a Comment