So I don't have any 365 photos yet...I have them but haven't organized them or edited them yet. I've been busy and tired, just haven't had the mojo for it. But I did have some serious cravings to get some scrapping done. LOL.
This is my sister Chrissy, who is 3 years younger than me. She is a graphic artist and gets to spend her days designing for an agency that mostly deals with food packaging. She puts out the cutest pics on her facebook page and when I saw this pic I asked her to please email it to me. We have been close our whole lives and we get along SO well. We rarely fought ever. We are so much alike in many aspects but then have some opposite traits as well. One time we even showed up to an event wearing the same sweater. LOL.
Anyway, just a tribute to my awesome sister. I tried to make this page fun and glamorous, just like she is.
This page is 6x12...wanted to do something different. And lately I've just been pulling out papers and using them instead of searching for them. I keep a folder for just my new papers and one for my specialty papers, such as the KI clear paper here. And I added some Quickutz metal paper (comes in a 4"x12" size) and used a 12" scalloped diecut and then ran it through my Cuttlebug. Also added some Stickles over the transparent flowers before adhering the Creative Cafe felt butterflies on. I love those butterflies.
And this is a 2 page LO...a lift of Laura's, you can see it here. I loved the way she layered the pics on. After spending and hour picking them out, I realized that I got mixed up. I was supposed to make 3, 2x3's and 2, 3x2's...but I got it mixed up so I used the extra pic and the top. KWIM? We were here at Millenium Park in downtown Chicago on Saturday. The last time we were here was 3 years ago...and that's what my first blog post was about here (warning, its BORING). For the last 3 years I kept saying that we were going to go back but never did. So I finally just picked a date and we went. We only live about 30 miles away but we act like its in another state or something...I guess toting two small kids in the van downtown can be intimidating. The park is new, like 8 years or so, and its a place to see free concerts (but parking is $25, so not totally free, LOL) and to enjoy and city and its architecture. Everyone comes there with a picnic, some chairs and its peaceful. Some even have wine and cheese...its a very nice crowd. You can enjoy a free classical concert under the stars while enjoying a nice dinner. I can't tell you how much that relaxed me. And its right on Lake Michigan so it doesn't get too hot. I really needed that night. We want to go again real soon... Used the Quickutz metal sheets again and this paper is from the Making Memories "I Do" line. Funny, I used wedding paper for this but the silver, white, and black colors of the paper really coordinate with the theme of the park. And I just picked up some more of the AC Puffy Chit Chat Thickers...OMG, these are my fav!!
If anyone has questions about the products, let me know. I'll add them at a later time. Hope you all enjoyed your Father's Day.
I'll post again in a few days with my 365 ...

3 comments:
love the 6x12 layout ... such a different size. your sister is gorgeous and i think you made the layout totally show that!
and love your take on my layout. you worked the extra photos in there just fine :)
i'm in that mode too ... where i just pick papers and don't spent too much time wondering if there's a better paper in my stash somewhere. so much quicker!
AWESOME stuff here Carla!! LOVE the LO of your sister! So fun & happy! Great take on Laura's LO with your Chicago pics! Sounds like a lot of fun! I NEED those thickers...enabler!! LOL!!
Don't feel bad about the 365 either. I've still been taking pics but haven't posted them in awhile...need to get back on that too!
Love the 6x12 size, I haven't tried that size yet but I have an album just waiting LOL. Great projects!
Post a Comment