Saturday, October 13, 2012

I moved my scrap room.

So I haven't blogged in 9 months and I'm not sure when I will again but since my last post, I have moved my scrap room from my basement to my empty loft space upstairs. See those pictures HERE. The reason I was in the basement originally (in 2005) is because I had a 2 year old and a newborn baby. I needed a place where I could shut the door and not worry about the kids getting into my stuff. While I did love my basement space, it got harder to scrap, since my kids are now 7 and 9 and like to play outside. This loft space is probably 10x12 feet with only one full wall, the other wall holds a big window and there is a railing to the left that looks over our family room. It was challenging at first but once I found my furniture, it became easy.

So don't hate me, but I am SO lucky to have an Ikea in our town. You'd think that I'd be there all the time, but its not a store that you can just "run in to quickly". Right? I got this island and the 3 Billy bookcases from there. They just came out with a deeper, 13" depth to it, so its perfect for crafting.
I put the island facing the windows so I can watch my kids while they play outside. The top of the island is a butcher block and has two stainless steel shelves behind it. I love the metal lockers I found from Home Goods, because I have a TON of punches and they need something sturdy to hold them. 

I got one set of glass doors to protect my paper and anything that can stain like markers and paints. My dog is good but how horrible would it be to find my paper collection in shreds and paint all over my new carpet? I actually would like to put the glass doors on the rest of the shelves to protect everything but a set of glass doors costs more than the shelves!
I switched to a horizontal paper storage system a few years ago and I love it. I keep my large SU cardstock collection in the red Ikea Kassett magazine holders. The rest of the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy the tour!












  Clip it up lives on top of the Michael drawers.


 Adhesives go in the metal bucket and washi tapes in basket.

OK, below starts some pics of my most recent addition! I asked my step father, who is handy with wood, to build a table top organizer for me. It was measured to fit my shelf and holds my most common supplies used for Project Life. I designed the dividers to fit my supplies and I love it. Here it is on my shelf filled:
I can take it off and put it on my worktable while I scrap. Here it is empty:
 Filled with products:
 Hope you enjoyed the tour. I gotta admit that I haven't had the scrapbooking bug like I used to but I have been doing project life all year and I'm pretty happy about that. Its nice to have a sunny area that is among the normal part of the house.

4 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! What a fantastic space! TFS!

karlalala said...

GORGEOUS!! i have space envy now!!

Anonymous said...

You have a great room. I love your kitchen island from Ikea. Do you remember the brand that it is?

A Q said...

😄 Visit this site.

Please Follow us :
===============================
https://alado52.blogspot.com
===============================