OK, this is going to be a long one...its been a year since I posted pics of my room. I've been doing some minor changes here and there and lately my
dilemma is figuring out how to organize my paper. I was using Cropper Hopper vertical storage files, which I love, but I just wanted something different, something that makes it even easier. I'll talk about that more in a bit. OK, ready for a tour? We'll start on one end and work our way to the right.

My
Expedit mounted on top of 4, 2 drawer file cabinets...all from
Ikea.

My ribbon storage. I cut the pieces of cardboard and wrapped the ribbon around them...tried to keep the same color family on each card. I also wrote down the
manufacturer on the cardboard underneath the ribbon. I cannot tell you how easy it is to find what I want. I got this fabric box from
Michaels but I haven't seen it around lately.

I'm a bit obsessed with border punches...when I first started
scrapbooking 6 years ago it was just punches in general. I used this basket I already had in my kitchen and switched it out to hold all my border punches. It stays on my
Expedit now.

So to the right of the
Expedit on the
backwall of my room is a small counter space with shelving above. You see those 2 clear red cubes there? Those are from
Ikea and they are made for the
Expedit. Until last night I had those in my
Expedit to hold my patterned paper and
cardstock...I had to pull them out to look for paper and they are heavy. I also added a Clip It Up to hold my stickers and embellishments...not all of them, most of them. I keep my
journaling cards in a drawer and my
Thickers in a special spot.

Here is a close up of one of those cubes. They are both filled up. I have the CH file dividers in there since I organize by
manufacturer. I keep my smaller papers, and stack packs in vertical folders on the other side.
I gotta say that I really love having my paper in these cubes...its so easy to thumb through them. But they won't work if they're not filled.

Some jars above the cubes that hold my large buttons. I divide my buttons by size, it may seem unconventional but I have a harder time looking for the size I want rather than the color. Sometimes the color really doesn't matter. My ribbon that I get by the yard at the
scrap store goes in a jar too. They're too pretty to put away. And my candy jar on the right.

I got this MM embellishment organizer a few months back from Crop Chocolate. I put my newer loose embellies in here. I like to know the manufacturer of everything I have so I clip the name of the company and stick it in with the product.


To the right of that back table is my MM embellishment center and my Ikea beno towers. I keep jars of goodies here and they are all labeled with tags. I added a 3 tiered basket (which I got from goodwill) to hold my string and fibers. I have a drop ceiling so I can just hook it right up there. When I'm scrapbooking the beno towers are right behind me so I can look for product.

A close up of the Embellishment Center...I have another kitchen wire organizer thingie below that...it has 6 rows in it.
To the right of that is my thicker storage. I think I have about 30 packages...yikes! The hooks are from Scotch, I believe. Its a hook with an adhesive that really holds up.
Some of my punch storage...I keep small ones in a drawer below my expedit. 
Ok, wall 3...the short end of my "L" shaped work station. I just updated this last night. I purchased 3 jetmax cubes for extra storage. Last year I added the wall vinyl saying "Be Creative Everyday". I also added a hook rod from Ikea and hung it above to hang my most recent 12x12 layouts. 
On top of the cubes is my Crate and Barrell tiered basket to hold my wood stamps...everything but Stampin Up sets. Got my Cuttlebug there and in the basket on the counter are my Cuttlebug plates. 
Got the cute little bulletin board from Goodwill for $1...love it.

My wide format
Epson printer (which I only use for photos) I got about 9 months ago. Its so big that I had to put it under my
countertop. I was looking for a printer stand...finally settled on this old
Ikea TV stand we had in storage. Under that I store computer paper, photo paper, my camcorder, and my Slice.
I've only filled up the right drawers so far. This one holds embossing powders, stickles, flock, glitter, alcohol inks, etc.
The top one is for adhesives. I have an entire drawer under my
Expedit stuffed so this one will be the ones I use most often.

Paints, crackle paints, glazes are here.

The 4
th wall and to the right of my
computer is my workspace. Its about 7 foot long...to the right is my trimmer and my MM
carousel and to the right of that is a large Tonic trimmer, not shown.

Just got this Cropper Hopper Ink Pad holder yesterday. I love it. It holds 12 ink pads...I have a lot more than that so I just put the ones I use the most. I use my ink pads a lot so this will come in handy.
I have to add that my room is in our basement so I don't have a window. I decided to use white shelving and counters to brighten it up.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my little tour.
7 comments:
YEAH!!! LOVE your room!! I'd love to have the room for an expedit like yours! We just started the proces of re-organizing things around here that will get me more space. Love that you posted this now so I can show Joe & give him ideas!
Carla, I've fallen in love. Even though your craft room is in the basement and therefore has no window you have made perfect use of items to keep it light and bright. I'd certainly love a room like that and think I'd never want to leave. You have such lovely stuff as well. Enjoy your new room. Best wishes, Kym xxx
OH I LOVE YOUR ROOM! So fun and organized. :) You are inspring me to share mine.
Love your room! Someday I my dream is to have my very own room. Then again if I had my own room I may never be seen again in the real world LOL. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!
I wish my scraproom was so tidy. If I will clean my room it stays a mess. You have so may storage place
your scraproom looks awesome carla! you have so many great storage ideas! and i think you have more jars than me now. lol!
I love your space! I'm working hard to finish mine - I finished painting the wall! lol Those wire kitchen racks are the coolest thing and exactly what I need! Do you remember where you got those?
Don't you just love Ikea?! I would buy so much there if my husband would let me. lol
Post a Comment