Saturday, January 07, 2012

Project Life Week 1

So the first week of project life is done...only 51 more weeks to go! :) I figured that I would make a collage for my blog instead of posting each picture individually.




I gotta tell you, even though I captured a lot of great moments, I didn't get great quality. One thing I did this year is buy a calendar that had enough space in each day to keep track of my project. I mark down the subject of the picture and whether I edited it and ordered it. It really helps to keep track of my pics. I also am taking extra pictures when I can and I write the subjects on a post it note in my calendar. There will be days that you are missing pics and its nice to have some extra shots. Like this...

My pup Maui wears the same thing everyday, you can't tell when this was taken, lol. She has these super long back legs and I just love to capture them on pics :)
Another piece of advice I can give is to keep a camera phone or small camera by you at all times. I really wish I had an iphone, that would help a ton. Also, get the family involved. Give the camera to your kids, tell you spouse to take pics...ask for help! On my next post I'll include a list of picture ideas for you. But for now I'll leave you with two layouts I did...

Aydan with his first grade teacher. We just love her to pieces. She was also Kendall's first grade teacher. I included a picture of both kids with her two years ago! So cute that she's known Aydan since he was four. I included a pocket from KI to include some post cards that she's sent and some extra pics of the classroom.And one from Thanksgiving. I don't usually scrap holidays...well, I'm not a huge fan. But when I do, I like to change it up and use non-traditional colors. I LOVE this gray text paper from JBS, I could use it for everything! I paired it up with some fushia paper from Amy Tangerine's line...such fun colors.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love your pics! Glad to hear you're doing PL again. Cute LO's!

Heather Ruwe said...

Love the lo's! :)