Whew, I've been busy and tired. No particular reason. I guess with summer here, we are busier and when I get free time, I just want to lounge and watch some TV, I've been scrapbooking here and there, just haven't posted in a super long time. I started an Maya Road mini album, got particially through that and just wanted to put that to the side and get some pages done. When it comes to creativity, you have to do what you feel like and not what's an order (unless you are a designer and have a deadline, lol). So first up is my most recent creation, photobooth pics from my (sssh, 25th) HS reunion:
Had so much fun with these pics! My reunion committee got this photobooth, props and all, and it was the hit of the party. I couldn't wait to scrap them! But placing strips of photos like that was something I've never done before. I wanted to make it school-like so thats why I used the cork, typewriter, and binder clips. I had no problem choosing the papers, since we have a lot of color in the pics that go perfect with this JBS paper.
Used my lawn fawn poloroid camera stamp on that blue AC paper (its Christmas paper but it worked perfetly!) and colored in spots with pencils. My friend Wes, who's in the pics on the right strip, LOVES polaroids so it worked out perfectly. Originally I had it stamped on a yellow circle and I just couldn't find a good place for it since its a large stamp. Tossed that idea. After I stamped it on the blue paper, I thought of the idea to make it look like a poloroid pic. So I placed it on the white CS and used my thin sharpie pen and ruler. FYI, yes there is a polaroid picture stamp in the stamp kit but it was much too big.
I had so much fun using my stamps on my page, and they are so popular right now with scrappers...I really want to use stamps more on my pages.
Oh, and get this...I was going to use black embossing powder on my page and I didn't have any! Ran out a while ago and never purchased it. I literally have a dozen colors of embossing but no black...hanging my head in shame. LOL!
2 comments:
Too cute! Love the photo booth pics!
This came out GREAT!! I love the stamping--I too have tons of stamps & don't use them enough! It's funny, I recently made a LO with photobooth strips (from my iphone)...just need to post it! Great minds think a like!
Post a Comment