Saturday, July 30, 2011

Love to watch him sleep

So I saw THIS LAYOUT by Jamie Warren on pinterest this morning. I knew right then and there that I had to lift it for this picture of Aydan. Took this picture of him right in the middle of the night and was crossing my fingers that the flash wouldn't wake him. I knew I was going to go with a monochromatic theme and was planing on using white. Was rummaging through some old basic grey (which I have a TON of and hardly use) and decided to put a bit of a shabby look to it.

I used a Heidi Swapp mask with some distress inks on the patterned paper (BG Marjolaine line). Love the way it turned out. I kept the bottom border of the paper like Jamie did and was nervous at first because it can look very sloppy if not done correctly. But I gotta say that I'm pretty happy how it turned out.




Well thanks for looking. Anyone else a pinterest fan???


Supplies:


Cardstock: Bazzill


Patterned Paper, Chipboard Letters, Letter Stickers, and Journaling Stickers: Basic Grey


Butterflies: Making Memories


Gafer Tape: 7 gypsies


Folder: Rusty Pickle


Border Strip, Jute, and Index Tab: Creative Imaginations


Stamps: Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday


Mask: Heidi Swapp


Distress Ink and Staples: Ranger


Rub Ons: 7 gypsies and KI Memories


Wood Circles: Maya Road


Metal Button (Making Memories?)

1 comment:

Staci said...

It's beautiful!! You did a fantastic job!