Monday, August 01, 2011
Hey, just wanted to share some projects I made this summer. I keep thinking that I haven't done much but then I find pics of my projects that I totally forgot about. I made this care using my silhouette, scraps, and stamps...that's it.
The sun shape was made using my Silhouette. It was a single piece (white cardstock) but I wanted to layer it. I need to do a tutorial (someday!) on some tricks I use but basically I duplicated the sun, then erased the inner lines on the second so I had just a solid background. I scanned my Studio Calico letter stamps and made a shadow cut so I could stamp my letters right on the cut pieces. Such a great way to use your letter stamps for titles and cards.
This album is to hold Aydan's birthday cards...not only for one year, but for as many that will fit. Used chipboard from Ranger to make the covers. It was too narrow so i added a 2" strip to each side, painted it, then covered up the seams with the cheveron paper strips. Those and the title were made using my Silhouette as well. I took of those brown buttons, just seemed too small.
Added some holes on the sides for the rings and there you go, a quick album that only takes a short time to make and all your cards are filed away. This would be a great idea for showers and weddings as well.
This layout above and below were make from CKC St Louis. My friend Laura was teaching some CK courses and these are just two examples of the layouts. When I came home I added pics and some other embellies. Super quick way to get some pages done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you're bacoming very good with your silhouette, girl!! *hugs*
Gorgeous projects!! Love how you used the Echo Park papers---so pretty!
Post a Comment