Sunday, June 19, 2011

Creative Scrappers Sketch 161

So today is my last day of my term with Creative Scrappers. I'm so happy that I got such a great chance to work with a group of talented gals and I got a ton of scrapping done ;) So here is the sketch:



Awesome sketch! And here's my take on it!
Love this because you could use those squares for pics, papers and embellies, or both! Had a blast with this one.


For the small squares, I used a photomat file from my Silhouette Library. When I opened the file I "ungrouped" the shapes and selected one square to measure the opening. Then I adjusted the size to make each square roughly 2.25". My pics came out a wee bit smaller than that so I mounted each pic on a piece of white cardstock after I rounded the corners to match the frame. Easy Peasy. Then I searched my scraproom for the perfect embellies. I love using stars but in all honesty, I've used a lot of my stash. Found these old AC chipboard ones in a small container hidden in my room. I added a few corduroy buttons from Stampin Up and some twine to give them more life. The background paper(sassafrass lass) is quite busy and it can be hard to use paper like that. Decided to give it a try since its so cute, using the solid cardstock really tones it down....well, a little bit at least.


So thank you to Kristine at Creative Scrappers for letting me join your team! Please check out their blog for the other designers take on the sketch!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Beautifully done! :-)

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

I love the way you used what looks like a grid to mat your photos! And the design and colors of your blog is very pleasing!
Roberta @ The Papercrafting League
http://thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com

Sasha Farina said...

that photomat is genius!! and you actually measured the openings? i don't have the patience for that. LOL.