Hey everyone! Just got back from CKC St Louis a week ago with my good friend Laura and I have a lot of stories to tell you! It will take me a while to type that up, but in the mean time you can read about it on
Laura's Blog. I'll post mine in a few days. Got into this crazy, crazy card making mood this weekend. The ideas were so overflowing that I had to write them all down, lol.

Made this for one of my BFs that I've known forever and we've been slipping out of touch. Keep trying to get together but it never works out. When Hero Arts came out with the typewriter stamp above, I pre-ordered it. And that was in October...this weekend was the first time I used it, lol! Used some heat embossing and that adorable pink paper is from the new Jillibean Soup 6x6 pad. Love it!

My mom is having knee replacement surgery (at the hospital I work at) at the end of the month. I know that it will take time for her to recover so I wanted to make a card ahead of time. I had fun with this color scheme here. The HA fabric stamp was embossed with distressed embossing powder. This stamp is another one that I "had-to-have" but have never used.

Kinda took that color scheme and swapped out the blue for pink. This stamp is embossed in white and then I colored the flowers with some markers. This card isn't for anyone in particular, just wanted to play with the stamp. Stamped the sentiment on vellum, which I'm really back into lately, and just glued it right on the front.

Same fabric stamp but used some purple embossing powder here. I love to emboss and have a ton of colors...really need to use that more! Stamped the sentiment on vellum with my new Studio Calico stamps. I saw that idea at the SC booth at CKC and loved it!

Here I was really going for something super bright and girly! It was so sunny out when I took these that it looks like its glowing, lol! Used an old favorite HA background stamp with some white ink. The pink paper is some flocked Doodlebug...this is one paper that I save all the scraps too. Love it! The buttons and ribbons are AC. I put the yellow trim on first and then layered it with the printed one. It fits perfectly. the sentiment is a sticker from Echo Park, my new favorite company. I trimmed it to fit inside the Making Memories tag.

The card above and the layout below were make at CKC St Louis in the Studio Calico class. This class was taught by the fabulous Jen Jockisch, who is a super sweet chick. I also took a SC class by Kelly Purkey as well. Both ladies did a wonderful job! I really enjoyed myself!

They had a SC booth at CKC and they took all my money, lol! So nice to see all the goodies in person! I picked up a ton of wooden embellies and other goodies. Come back in a few days to hear about the CKC trip...its quite interesting!
Supplies
Typewriter Card
Card: The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Cardstock: Stampin Up
PP: Jillibean Soup
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Versamark and Stampin Up
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Pop Dots: the Paper Studio
Corner Punch: We R Memory Makers
Gafer Tape: 7 gypsies
Get Well Soon
Cardstock, Patterned Paper, and Ribbon: Stampin Up
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Papertry Ink and Versamark
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Embossing Plate: Papertry Ink
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug
Pearls: Michaels
Corner Punch: We R Memory Makers
Thinking of You
Cardstock: American Crafts and Stampin Up
Patterned Paper: Stampin Up
Stamps: Hero Arts
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Stamping Markers: American Crafts
Ribbon: Michaels
Pop Dots: Stampin Up
Vellum
Happy Birthday
Card: The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Cardstock: American Crafts and Recollections
Stamps: Hero Arts and Studio Calico
Ink: Tsukineko (Versamark and Staz On)
Embossing Powder and Staples: Ranger
Embossing Plate and Twine: Papertry Ink
Ribbon: Paper Source
Button: Autumn Leaves
Flower: Prima
Vellum
Precious Girl
Cardstock:
American Crafts and Stampin Up
Flocked Paper: Doodlebug
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Stampin Up
Sticker: Echo Park
Tag; Making Memories
Foam Tap: 3M
Buttons and Ribbon/Trim: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: We R Memory Keepers
String
3 comments:
Beautiful cards! I especially love the first one!
you really were a card making fool this weekend, weren't you :)
they're all gorgeous! love all the embossing and stamping!
You're not kidding when you said you were on a card making mood! They're just beautiful! Your stamping puts me in the mood to play with stamps too! Can't wait to hear your version of CKC!
Post a Comment