Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Calendar Layouts

Whew, it seems like my crafting to-do list is getting huge! Been spending a lot of time in my scraproom but it seems like I'm doing other things...but good things.
I purchased Erin Cobb's Clean Color photoshop tutorial for improving the look of your pics. I am taking my time watching it so I can absorb it all in :). I also had a coupon for 100 free prints from Shutterfly...that was a coupon that Archivers gave me for spending so much money...ha! I took that offer and ordered 245 prints from Shutterfly and with shipping and the coupon it was $37, not so bad. With the digital age, we forget about the standard things that kids should have, like a baby photo album. I started that project for both kids last year when I had some free photos. So now that project is done. Each kid has hundreds of photos printed for their first year. I want to keep that going but will now have family albums and I'm not going to order as many pics.
Anyway, I made these adorable little faux chipboard houses with my Silhouette. I got the idea from Nichol Magourik to create faux chipboard by layering several pieces of die cutted kraft paper.
It took 2 full 8x10 sheets to make these...the measurements are 1"x2". All you have to do is layer several houses on top of each other with a dry adhesive, put through your corrugator, then top that on top of another house. They are so cute, I can't to use them :)
Been continuing with my calendar layouts from last year using my silhouette. Can you tell I'm hooked? lol!
The butterflies and bugs are a cut and print...doesn't it look like stamping?For May I used some of my new photoshop techniques that I learned from Erin, even added a vignette to the pics, what a difference! I love the pinwheels here, they are pretty dimensional.
Oh yeah, one more thing...I started a new position in my department and I LOVE it! I feel so blessed.
Anyone else following the winter CHA???? Lots of cute stuff!

5 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

that really look like cardboard!! love love love. . .

Sasha Farina said...

and oh.. ask ozan for the crabcake recipe! :P

Deneen said...

great job on the layouts and the cute little chip board look alike houses. Isn't the silhouette a great tool?

Suzanne said...

Your little houses look great, I should get more use out of my Craft Robo I admit.

Really like your pages too :)

Sara said...

Where do I start?? Those houses are super cute! I really thought they were corrugated pieces! LOVE LOVE LOVE your monthly LO's! I bet they're going to look awesome in the album all together!