Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week 15: Project 365 and a Fun Project to Share

I have had this Making Memories photo cube for a while. Today I decided that I would get it done no matter what. Its going on my desk at work so I decided to go with an office theme. I covered the box with cork contact paper and used a bunch of Making Memories "Noteworthy" papers and embellies. I like how it came out!
this is just a view from the top and side. I covered the bottom square with the cork and left it blank.


I wanted the top to have a frame so it would look unique. i also used a definition transperancy over the photo and added a frame and some ribbon, tag, and a charm. The charm is flipped up in this picture. Not supposed to look like that.
I added a lot of felt as well. There is supposed to be a button on that second star. It fell off!
Also added some noteworthy journaling book pages and cut them to size. The buttons are tied with some jute.
Another view from the top. I gotta add that you can get the cork paper by the roll at Michaels in the art section. Its nice because it already has adhesive on the back and it sticks very well. I also suggest that you cut it with a craft knife. I used scissors at first and it leaves a rough edge.
Supplies Used:
Photocube, Paper, transperancies, frame, journaling pages, paper flowers, ribbon, staples, epoxy letters, charm: Making Memories
Cork Paper: Contact
Felt: Fancy Pants Design
Buttons: Hero Arts
and now to the photos for week 15...
Sun, April 5: Kendall went to Anthony's birthday party. They are the best of friends and have known each other since they were three...they go to school together.
Mon, April 6: Tonight Aydan asked to sleep in Kendall's bed...i let him but now its becoming a habit. I don't mind but they each have their own room. It is cute though. Yes, and Aydan is addicted to his Cars again...has to hold them all the time.
Tues, April 7: Our tree by our house...it finally has buds on it. Hopefully spring will decide to make its appearance here soon!
Wed, April 8: I really didn't feel like taking Kendall to the birthday party Sunday so Ozan made a deal with me. I take her and he would finish up painting my scraproom. This picture really can't capture how nice it looks. I am using this small part of the counter for my cuttlebug and my Slice stuff. My printer is below that counter. Its really big!
Thurs, April 9: My kids go to an early education school at the college my husband works at. A police officer made a scheduled appearance to Aydan's classroom to show them about his job and they even got to sit in the police car. This happened at the end of their day, so Aydan was wiped out and fell asleep on the way home. Ozan brings them to and from school. When he pulled up at the house, he ran inside and yelled, "Carla get your camera"...he knows that I love to capture this stuff! {note the car in the hand again} And I love how his lips look pouty when he sleeps.

Fri, April 10: Kids just "hanging around" in the backyard. Yes, we are still in winter coats! Ugh!

Sat, April 11: This was an easy day for my project...coloring Easter eggs! Have a great Easter!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Carla that photo cube is ADORABLE! Like the cork with the Noteworthy!

Great week of pics--the kids on the swing is my favorite!

Staci said...

The photo cube is fabulous!! I just love that wall in your scraproom.:-)