Sunday, March 16, 2008

A couple of LO's

So we had a sunny weekend here and I had a bit more energy. Love how the daylight savings time is earlier than usual...its so helpful. I've been going through some physical therapy and a few Drs visits for my lower back...hurt myself moving a patient. The days are up and down. Its hard not to pick up my 35-40 lb children. They love to be picked up.

The whole family went to see "Horton Heard a Who" this morning...it was OK, the kids loved it. It was Aydan's first movie. He did pretty good. He had a few commentaries during the movie like shouting, "elephant", etc. He entertained me!

Ozan was on a cooking rage today. This morning he made a skillet breakfast...the kitchen was a wreak afterwards! Then tonight he made a roasted chicken with homemade mac n cheese and some cornbread and a homemade apple pie for dinner. He says he doesn't like Martha Stewart, so why is he always reading her cookbooks??

Anyway, I did these 2 layouts.

This one is for a sketch challenge on A Million Memories. You can see the sketch
here. I love sketches...saves me time and headaches.

This one used almost all Making Memories Stuff. The card stock is from Stampin Up and I used the slit punch (see the punch and tutorial here) to make the scallops. I love doing that. If you look at the second picture, you can see a jump ring coming out of the button hole. I am trying to mix old stuff with new stuff and that is definitely old.

This one is for a sketch contest on Pencil Lines.
It didn't turn out like I imagined. Actually, I really don't care for it. The background cardstock is a very dark chocolate...everytime I go to Archivers, I get 3 free sheets of 12x12 so I figured I better start using some of it. See the old newspaper patterned paper? That was from a very old 7gypsies 8.5x11 paper that I had for years...I don't think they make 8.5x11I just started sticking stuff here and there. I used the slit punch again for this one on vellum and I used Making Memories copper sheets and embossed them with Stampin Up stencils. Kinda goes with the theme of cooking..I don't like themed anything. Ozan was telling me that I should add some handles to them...he was serious. Then he kept bugging me about that. I replied, "No, no that isn't gonna happen. I don't tell you what computer stuff to buy (he works in IT). Geez!Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

laura vegas said...

ok, tell your hubby to stick to the cooking! lol! no handles. lol! great job of using some older product. are those eyelets i see? and the copper sheets ... i got rid of the copper ones, but i have a ton of the silver. love the way you embossed them!

and all that food sounds so good! i love me some good breakfast ... although i like to have it for dinner. some hashbrowns and bacon sounds like something to have this week!

Heather Ruwe said...

Love your LO's. I just love MM stuff. I like how the older lines can be incorporated with the new lines. Thanks for the inspiration.

iris said...

I found your blog through Pencilines. Beautiful layouts you have here! I especially love your "Love to Cook" layout. Your little girl is so adorable! And I love the texture of those metal circles.